BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I installed my HID low beam light. I used a system from Xenon Depot with a 4300K bulb and the supplied harness and relay. It's needless to say this system works great and the extra light output is incredible. It's been said over and over, that this may be one of the best additions to the LT. I'd highly recommend this system to anyone. I received outstanding service and attention. But---after connecting the battery, starting and running the bike, I noticed the BC Trip Computer was not working as it should/has been. The LED screen shows markings, like it's trying to show two languages at the same time. It's unreadable. Numbers show up only half way, and I can barely see the KPH markings along with the MPH markings. It's definitely getting some kind of a signal, both the reset on the dash, and the button on the right handle bar change the screen, but what the screen shows is nonsense. I disconnected the battery again and left it over night, but when hooked up again, same thing. It's almost like it wants to be reset or something. Does anyone have experience on something like this? Anything info would be appreciated. Thanks, Don Wehr.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Any chance that when you were installing the HID you disconnect the back cables from the BC?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
strsout said:
Any chance that when you were installing the HID you disconnect the back cables from the BC?
Thanks, I'll try D. Shealy's technique and pull it out from the front. d.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
dwillie said:
Thanks, I'll try D. Shealy's technique and pull it out from the front. d.
Don, take a look at section (M) on this page of troubleshooting info. Numbers 3, 4 and 5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts