BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My '02 LT imported from the U.S. as you know shows all BC info in
English. Has anyone information as how to change this to metric? In my vehicle I can do
this with the inquiry button. Is the only way a trip to the dealer?? Hope not.
Thanks for any input.
Larry

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Nothing in the books about a user- changeable method to metric on the OBC. And my money is on a dealer change-out of the unit; not an adjustment. There may be some info in the HoW pages about this topic; might try the search feature to see what comes up.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I had a US 2004 LT, no way to change to metric short of changing something internally, possibly the whole unit. Since I am old school, metric is not my first language and I liked the other read out, but occasionally it gets confusing. Have to remember in a "50" kph zone, you really can't do the "50" shown on the dial.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Just didn't want to confirm what I expected. Fortunately the speedo shows
both mph and kph, but with the bifocals I've also misread that. Dick you reply format is
very apropos in that the temperature is in both fahrenheit and celsius. Thanks again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm in the same boat with a 2003 imported from the U.S. Fortunately, the Garmin can be switched to a Metric K.P.H. readout. I use it when I need to see my speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts