BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....I disassembled the on-board computer (temp/mileage/etc display) to investiagate whether or not it is possible to chang the backlighting to red.....sort of like jpspen did to his radio. The lights are surface mounted to the printed circuit board of the instrument. I tried putting the red tail light lens tape over them. Unfortunately, these lights are such low powered, that the red tape blocked too much light. So, short of removing these little surface mounted lights on the printed circuit board, and replacing them with red ones (not sure if red ones are even available), I don't think this mod is worth it.

Cheers, Toolman

·
Registered
820 Posts
Do you wear glasses???

if so just grab some red celophane paper and stick it over your glasses and now go look at the dash!

Now it all looks red and it cost you next to nothing and saved you all the hardwork of ripping the bike to shreads to replace leds.

If you dont wear glasses, then stick the celophane paper to the sinde of your visor on yer helmet and hey presto!! Same thing, everything is red and it cost you next to nothing

·
Registered
820 Posts
Do you wear glasses???

if so just grab some red celophane paper and stick it over your glasses and now go look at the dash!

Now it all looks red and it cost you next to nothing and saved you all the hardwork of ripping the bike to shreads to replace leds.

If you dont wear glasses, then stick the celophane paper to the inside of your visor on yer helmet and hey presto!! Same thing, everything is red and it cost you next to nothing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts