BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I bought a used BMW intercom and installed it on my 2000 LT. I just tried to "turn it on" over the weekend and I was unsuccessful. I do not have the drivers cable yet so I used the passengers cable and tried to connect to it. My question is do you need to conect to the drivers cable to turn the BC-3 on? I haven't bought the BMW speciifc 6 pin cable needed to wire the driver's headset so I tried to just use the passenger's cable.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks....

Bill

·
Old Dawg
3,292 Posts
You don't need to have the driver cable connected for the BC3 to work but I am confused because the driver and passenger cords the same configuration so you should be able to plug into either one.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you mean that plugging in either the driver's or passenger's headset "turns on" the intercom. As I understand it the speakers shut off when the intercom turns on. I guess I'll be taking the tupperware off again to research this further. (hopefully it will warm up a tad first). Thanks.....

Bill

·
Old Dawg
3,292 Posts
The intercom will be on as soon as you turn the on / volume switch on no matter if a headset cable is plugged in or not. The speakers do not turn off if the intercom is on. A plunger style switch on the unit turns the bike speakers off and puts the music in the headsets or puts the music on the bike speakers and not to the headsets. The intercom still functions for talking/radar/bike to bike either way. Keep in mind when the key on your bike is in the accessory position the sound will only come over the bike speakers no matter what setting you have the sound directed on the comm system.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott,

Thanks for the info. I don't recall that the bike was running when I checked it out. I thought since the radio was on the intercom would work. I hope this was the issue, I'll check it out once it stops snowing here! I know I played with the On/Off swithch and the speaker pushbutton but the problem was probably I didn't have the bike running and it was in the accessory position. Thanks again....

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts