BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks,
Im after input from riders with these fitted to their bikes.

Where is the cheapest place to buy them.
Do they just bolt to the crash bar and you put a hole in the plastic to make it fit thru??
If you drop the bike to they get bent/damaged?
what are they made from?
are they available in australia or new zealand?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They appear to be the same ones I have. They clamp to the bar and do require a small notch in the plastic. They do get a little scratched if the bike falls but it's not very noticable. They usually twist a bit as well which is easily fixed, just loosen the clamp bolts and reposition. They are aluminum. They work okay but I like the Highway Ottomans better.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Those stubby pegs are fine if your inseam is 30" or LESS !!

Had those myself because of cost ... hated them... Sold em.
XL- J pegs next, Nice but still not right ... Sold em.
** Ottomans now ... thats the ticket ... love em :)

Scott

·
Registered
435 Posts
Dez: You have about the best price. thought I saw them on the internet for about $119.00 US but can't find the site. Purchased a set last Spring and they work nice. Remove the black cover; open up the clamp, offset side goes down under the curve. The black cover is cut away to make room for the clamp to slide through and be hidden from the top. I used a hack-saw and file to remove the plastic covering.

30" inseam won't work unless you move the pegs all the way forward, but then it is uncomfortable bending legs around fairing to access pegs. I rest the back of my leg on the pegs. Works fine with heavy boots on.

If you're interested I'll take some pix later and post.

·
Registered
435 Posts
PM on the way

Dez sent a PM.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Had some took them off

I had some of these on my bike when I purchased it...

When I put my feet up on them I looked like I was about to give birth..

very uncomfortable for my long 36" legs...

Get the ottomans....unless you have really short legs...

On the other hand, If you or anyone else want's mine. I'll trade for some other farkle....

Spence

Attachments

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Picture of back side

Not MINE !!

The pegs... For DEZ.. The picture makes them look far worse then they actually are... But all the other surfaces are fine...

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got a pair I took off my bike I will let go for $50.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks John for selling me your Pegs. They arrived safe and sound and i have fitted them to my ride. First thing that i have ordered from the USA that has turned up on my doorstep for years with out getting stolen or smashed to pieces...

wonders will never cease

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you still sell pegs

ksailor said:
Dez: You have about the best price. thought I saw them on the internet for about $119.00 US but can't find the site. Purchased a set last Spring and they work nice. Remove the black cover; open up the clamp, offset side goes down under the curve. The black cover is cut away to make room for the clamp to slide through and be hidden from the top. I used a hack-saw and file to remove the plastic covering.

30" inseam won't work unless you move the pegs all the way forward, but then it is uncomfortable bending legs around fairing to access pegs. I rest the back of my leg on the pegs. Works fine with heavy boots on.

If you're interested I'll take some pix later and post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts