BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
That is the exact combo I'm running now. I put the new front ME880 on just before STC in mid April & the 020 rear on 4 weeks ago. the front has 8000 miles & the rear 4500 miles.

Almost all of my tire howl was coming from the rear ME880. So far I have no howl at all.

Some say the BT020 has more grip in the rain. I have not noticed any difference. I have spun both type tires in the rain.

My ME880 would wear about .010 every 1000 miles the BT020 is almost double that. The BT020 has a lot more tread to start with. I'll soon know if the difference in cost is worth it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's what I've been running. Had good experiences with Bridgestone front, the rears wore quite rapidly compared to the Metzler. Metz front has nice wear, might try a rear next time but the price difference is substantial.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
As long as both tires a bias ply, I see no issue what so ever.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Two sets of this combo and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I just had a rear BT020 bias put on last month and still have a ME880 on the front. No negative effects that I can tell. The BT020 seems to handle the "Tar Snakes" in the road much better, especially if they're the slightest bit wet.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Which is eggzachery the reason I prefer Bridgestones over the Metz anytime. I don't mind not getting the mileage, but I do mind the bike slipping on tar snakes in the SouthEast in the summer time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts