BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being "marginal" for the last year or so, there is no bringing it back to life. Just sent the wife out for a replacement, what do I need to do after I install the new one? I think there are a few things. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
After being "marginal" for the last year or so, there is no bringing it back to life. Just sent the wife out for a replacement, what do I need to do after I install the new one? I think there are a few things. Thanks!!
All I can think of is connect positive first, then negative. Then do a throttle position sensor reset. Key on, rotate throttle all the way at least three times, then key off. Then start. All should be good.

Robert

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can think of is connect positive first, then negative. Then do a throttle position sensor reset. Key on, rotate throttle all the way at least three times, then key off. Then start. All should be good.

Robert
Thanks Robert. Performed the TPS reset and all seems to be fine.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
So are you riding again? I know you had an eye issue.

I almost came up to see you last Saturday as I was in Cordova picking up a tank bag. That new loop of 385 is really nice going from 72 up to 40 now and beyond to Millington. Just ran out of time and was pretty bushed as it was my first big ride after the surgery in March.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are you riding again? I know you had an eye issue.

I almost came up to see you last Saturday as I was in Cordova picking up a tank bag. That new loop of 385 is really nice going from 72 up to 40 now and beyond to Millington. Just ran out of time and was pretty bushed as it was my first big ride after the surgery in March.
Getting back on the horse a little at a time. Actually, didn't really have a issue today, the meds seem to help some. Didn't push through any twisties, going to give it a try on Sunday.

I'll PM you my cell, give me a shout anytime you head up this way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts