BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have one battery connection on + side. Should I have a second connection going to my reverse control? My reverse does not work even though the R light comes on and idle speed kicks up. I am not sure if I need to replace speed sensor or I just don't have battery lead attached to it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
mine has 2 wires one goes frontwards into the loom the other goes rear wards and connects to the small junction box

Reactions: ProfSnape

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,246 Posts
There are three large black w/ yellow stripe wires coming from the revereser unit. Each has a different color sleeve at the eyelet. The one with the red sleeve goes to the battery (+). The one with the black sleeve goes to the starter tie point and the brown sleeve goes to the ground tie point (both tie points are behind the battery).

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, the person I got this bike from decided to not hook up the red wire to the battery. Once I hooked that up the reverse worked beautifully. The more I learn about this bike the easier it gets to work on. So now I can check reverse off my list and figure out a way to get my foot closer to the shifter so I don't have to raise my leg to shift.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
So, the person I got this bike from decided to not hook up the red wire to the battery. Once I hooked that up the reverse worked beautifully. The more I learn about this bike the easier it gets to work on. So now I can check reverse off my list and figure out a way to get my foot closer to the shifter so I don't have to raise my leg to shift.
One day you might actually get to ride it ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:grin: I have been riding it all this week, finally. Also, I got an airhawk from another member and it makes all the difference in the world! I am 6'4" and the airhawk gives just enough lift that my legs don't feel bent in an awkward position for even a 30 minute ride. It is a relaxing feeling. Now I plan on riding it until something breaks! :grin:

QUOTE=bmwcoolk1200;1620473]One day you might actually get to ride it ;)[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts