BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice a few of you often listen to the bikes radio/cd whilst the bike is parked up in the garage. Is this whilst you have your battery tender connected, or does the LT have a voltage drop sensor that will turn off any consumers before the voltage drops low enough for the electric start not to work?? On a medium volume, how long would you leave the tunes on for, before you worried about not being able to start the bike - I only ask, because I once totally drained the battery on an old Landrover after 45mins of sound !

·
Registered
878 Posts
I believe that the LT will turn off the radio after approximately 1 hour if the engine is not running, even if it is plugged into a charger.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
After 2 hours the radio will goes off.
When I"m camping, normally I'm listen the iPod+radio on the bike for about 2 to 3 hours on the evening and about 1 hours on the next morning, before start the bike. So far, no problem listen for, lets say 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy's - I'm so paranoid about not having a kick-start, that a) I wont put the key in the ignition, till I'm ready to go, b) if I stop the mill by kicking the sidestand down, I turn the key off straight away, c) when I'm on my overseas trips, there are some times I would love some tunes, but I dearn't. I shall try for 1 hour & see what happens.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Woolly said:
I notice a few of you often listen to the bikes radio/cd whilst the bike is parked up in the garage. Is this whilst you have your battery tender connected, or does the LT have a voltage drop sensor that will turn off any consumers before the voltage drops low enough for the electric start not to work?? On a medium volume, how long would you leave the tunes on for, before you worried about not being able to start the bike - I only ask, because I once totally drained the battery on an old Landrover after 45mins of sound !
Hey, Wooly - order ya one of these and you can listen to your tunes and when the radio shuts itself off after two hours, check this leetle thangie 'fore you turn the tunes back on. If it reads 12.40 or below, plug in the Battery Tender.

Mine is mounted on ole Toad's dash, purt'near the headlight adjustment knobby thang.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ltlfeat said:
Wooley,you talk funny..........lol
whoops - 'daren't' - obviously toooooooooooo much 'distillery strength' Laphraoig !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts