BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start my 04LT yesterday for the first time since mid-December. It's been on the tender the whole time and light (on the tender) is green.

The bike would not start! All the lights on the "dash" came on and the servo brake sound kicked in but it would not start (the first time I turned the key to on, the servo sounded funny and remained on until I turned the key to the off position, subsequent times it sounded normal). There was no sound at all from the starter; the bike would not even crank.

Question: can the battery have a "full charge" and yet not be strong enough to crank or start the bike? Or is my issue something else? I know I'm living on borrowed time with the battery, I've had the bike for 4 years and it was already on the bike when I bought it.

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Tender was green went to start it and no go. I had to bump start it to see if the battery charged after an hour of riding. Came home shut it off and it wouldn't start. I went to Max BMW, spoke with parts guy and said this happens when the battery starts to die it doesn't have enough juice to crank. I installed the new battery tonight and It started right up! My battery was last installed in the fall of 2009.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Anthony!

That's what I figured. I ordered a new battery and it should be here next week sometime; can't wait!!!

I can say my battery lasted a little longer than yours! The battery was already on the bike when I bought it back in 2008.

Thank you again!

Regards,
Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts