BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
R1200rt LC 2018
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Decided to start some work on my RT and was starting with installing my optimate charger leads to battery. But according to Haynes and owners manual, I'm missing parts from the battery box assembly - the retaining plate and the battery insulating cover.
Are these in all RT's (do I need to replace asap) or are they not to be worried about? Anyone have a clear picture of these in place?
The battery box was manky (see pic) when I took out the battery so bike definitely is getting good once over this winter when I get my bike lift sorted.
Thanks for looking 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
looks like your missing the plastic plate, it snaps the compartment in to a solid box. It also has a guidway to route the negative cable. Its a pita w the oem battery and oem insulation to get in and out but makes everything very snug w no slop to bounce around. I just put in a planet x battery and its so much smaller that its and absolute necc for bolstering the padding.

regardless I would source one if you can, they cant be much.

Registered
R1200rt LC 2018
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@black.wayne was thinking it would help and shouldn't have been removed.
When I removed battery the entire box was full of dirt so doesn't look like it's been there for a while. Thanks, will look into it

if anyone by chance has a picture of the plate in situ I'd appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts