BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I bought an "Advanced BMW Battery Charger" from the dealer for $72 total cost. It came with three types of hook-ups, one of them being the plug for the LTs power receptacle. I plugged it into the lower left receptacle as I read about on this forum. It worked great; this morning, before church, I noticed the battery fully charged overnight. I have not been riding enough to keep the battery fully charged. I blame that on work!

Today, I switched to alligator clips and am charging the crotch rocket, which also suffers from not enough riding. Anyway, I think this little trickle charger is worth the money.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
HD battery tender

I'm using a Harley battery tender on my LT. Works great. Nice to know you'll have a fully charged battery everytime you go to ride.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Happy battery

Both my bike and work bike are on chargers. I switch the charger from bike to bike. A fully charged battery is a happy battery.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have the bmw canbus system charger that i used to use for my 1200rt which has been replaced with a 1200lt can i still use this charger for the lt or will i have to get another charger.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, I got one for Christmas and absolutely love it. Got the perm clip on my VTX, use the plug in for the LT and the aligator clips for the Chevelle...absolutely should have had this charger years ago!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts