BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm technically challenged... I get the creeps when I see a screw driver!!! What could I reasonably do with a screwdriver??? Furthermore, I live in a center of town, in a flat. No garage with DIY material for working on cars, bikes, for woodwork or whatever.

That's also why I liked the LT. All the mechanics and technical parts are wrapped, hidden, as if there were none...

Today, I changed my battery on the LT myself. AND I SUCCEEDED! :yeah:
This is a major achievement!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
And tomorrow the weather should be ok for a small tour... :)

Just wanted you all to know. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pardon???
Don't scare me!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not scary at all. Turn the key on, twist your throttle all the way open twice, then turn the key off. Turn the key on again and your throttle position sensor should be set. :thumb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems doable!!! :yeah: Or do I feel over-confident? :confused:

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Just make sure not to start the engine before the process is completed, just turn the key to on position as previously posted. After turning the key back to off and then to back on it is okay to start.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Goodonya Paul! Your first two service tasks completed with no need to call rescue!

Now go ride........

·
Registered
593 Posts
I changed my battery last winter and never did anything other than change the battery. am i missing something here?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Foiler said:
I changed my battery last winter and never did anything other than change the battery. am i missing something here?
Not to worry it will relearn itself is a short period of riding. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good job Paul! :wave

Small steps before running!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Foiler said:
No. The procedure is recommended but not necessary. The ECU loses it's memory when you change the battery and you just need to drive it a bit to restore those "remembered" items, like TPS limits. I forgot to do it after my clutch change and did not even notice a difference in operation. It will learn them all over again all by itself.

·
Registered
593 Posts
turns out i am wrong. it was my last bike. lol going out to instal a new battery now. :rotf:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Foiler said:
It is not absolutly necessary as the engine will "learn" the TPS over time. It does speed up the smooth operation process.

Now I am double posting - good grief!

·
Registered
593 Posts
thats just to make sure idiots like me get it right!! :histerica Thank you John nice quick simple change in the parking lot last night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts