BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I installed a new Odysey battery, when I re-connected the wires I heard 2 beeps and wondered...hmmm, what was that? When I turned on the ignition and had the alarm blasting in my ears and the ignition disabled I knew exactly what it was.

I did find John Zeiglers instructions on how to dis-arm and after finding my PIN number and a couple of attempts, I did dis-arm it. I'l be writing the PIN number in an inconspicuous place on the bike incase this ever happens on the road.

Anyone know how to prevent this happening if I were ever to disconnect the battery again?

thanks

Ron

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,093 Posts
Often after a battery change you need only to cycle the fob and alarm from set to unset several times just to get the fob synced back up withe alarm again.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you explain the manually arming procedure?

thanks

Ron

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
itspossible said:
Can you explain the manually arming procedure?

thanks

Ron
Hi, Ron - betcha someone will review the procedure with you, butt in the meantime, just take a read thru this portion of the HoW pages.

Click here to read, and good luck. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Dick, that was useful, just one question...if the LED light on the right side of the bike by the headlight adjustment knob is not illuminated does this mean the alarm system is de-activated?

thanks

Ron

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
itspossible said:
thanks Dick, that was useful, just one question...if the LED light on the right side of the bike by the headlight adjustment knob is not illuminated does this mean the alarm system is de-activated?

thanks

Ron
No blinky...no activation. Someone already filled you in about changing the setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts