BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the battery in my 05RT. The BMW batteries are very expensive. Has anybody picked up a battery from another source that works just as well as the oe one? Also my Russell seat solved the seat problems but now I need some kind of hiway pegs. Has anybody gotten any of the ones on the market including the Ilium Works ones and how have they worked out? Thanks Tony

·
Registered
331 Posts
trekman1 said:
I need to replace the battery in my 05RT. The BMW batteries are very expensive. Has anybody picked up a battery from another source that works just as well as the oe one? Also my Russell seat solved the seat problems but now I need some kind of hiway pegs. Has anybody gotten any of the ones on the market including the Ilium Works ones and how have they worked out? Thanks Tony
I have the Ilium pegs and they work fine for how I use them. I only use them occasionally and alternately as I find putting up both legs simultaneously feels awkward and I do not feel like I have the control over the bike that I want. Using the pegs intermittently and alternately gives me plenty of opportunity to keep from getting cramps. Others will undoubtedly have other opinions, but I did NOT want to put pegs on the valve covers (my own preference).

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

brselman

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
brselman said:
I have the Ilium pegs and they work fine for how I use them.
brselman
I just got a set of Ilium pegs. Did they fit on your RT without having to removes plastic from the fairings?

Regards,

·
Registered
331 Posts
cessna said:
I just got a set of Ilium pegs. Did they fit on your RT without having to removes plastic from the fairings?

Regards,
Mine are mounted on the Wunderlich engine protection bars so I did not have to remove any of the tupperware. There are pics somewhere on this forum.

brselman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts