BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 5K on Gretchen and she's slipping... (Clutch)... going in on the tear down, replacement Saturday. New Slave ordered from Beemer boneyard, Still have Barbara's clutch, going to swap the two.

Time: When ever! Although, I'll be neck deep first thing... about 9am..

If interested in seeing an '05 torn down.. Let me know!

BYOB.... :histerica

As always, smart ass remarks are welcome and encouraged...

· Registered
2,546 Posts
I thought you were going to try cutting the brown wire or a cannister-echtomy first to see if that helped? :rolleyes:

· Registered
11 Posts
Hoss.

I would be interested in watching/hindering your progress if the job is still in progress on Sunday...Just in case I may have to do it to mine Beemer some day...PM me the address if you want absolutely no help except with the irish coffee consumpsion....

Fletch. :histerica

· Registered
2,546 Posts
9 hours in, Hoss still had a great sense of humor.... lol.

Took a little longer than anticipated.First roadblock was a bolt on the clutch housing that had the hex-head strip out. Was a B**** getting that off.

Second roadblock (pictured) occurred when Hoss was trying to fit his size 13 hands into a size 7 hole to get the wiring back on around the starter.

Called a dinner break when swing arm was back on at about 6:00 pm. Hoss will (hopefully) finish up today.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All buttoned up at 9pm Sunday... Seems (the best that two boneheads can figure) is the slave was the culprit. After the above issue with a stubborn clutch bolt, inspection of the interior reviled a shit load of dust, the clutch disk almost down to the rivets but everything was dry. the rear (of the bike) pressure plate showed "burning" . Also the clutch pin (washer?) was soaked...

$600 for a new clutch, (everything but the spring) and a slave from Beemer boneyard. A weekend lost to the depths of the garage, and all is good again.... :bmw:

Arguing the right way, wrong way and MY way, with Hallzee.... Priceless! :histerica

· Registered
1999 LTC
9,612 Posts
hallzee said:
9 hours in, Hoss still had a great sense of humor.... lol.

Took a little longer than anticipated.First roadblock was a bolt on the clutch housing that had the hex-head strip out. Was a B**** getting that off.

Second roadblock (pictured) occurred when Hoss was trying to fit his size 13 hands into a size 7 hole to get the wiring back on around the starter.

Called a dinner break when swing arm was back on at about 6:00 pm. Hoss will (hopefully) finish up today.
Damn - where'd ya purloin that space age flood light thangie, Hoss?? Boy, wouldn't that look good mounted on the canopy of a golf cart? Guess it'd have to have a long extension cord to optimally light the bunker, huh?? ;) :D ;)

Good job on the wrenching, you two - would scare me to death to see ole Toad in that condition (on MY lift)!! Guess that's why I'm glad to know where Hank lives (Hank, who worked on Barbara several times for Grif)!! What are you guyz gonna name your wrenching bidness, btw?? ;) ;)

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dick said:
What are you guyz gonna name your wrenching bidness, btw?? ;) ;)
TWO NUTS! :wave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.