BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great 175 mile ride today on a scenic Ohio Canal Historical Roadway, I was 3 miles from home and little bambi was grazing along the river road.

I pulled over & stopped within 5 yards to take a scenic shot. BUT big bertha lost her footing in the soft soil and went down on her right side. A bimmer driver saw it happen and helped me to get her on her feet. HOWEVER, the right mirror housing is a total loss (some salvagble parts, but I checked the microfiche and they sell only the assembly for $350

Any one know of another source for used parts besides beemerboneyard? (none listed today, but I'll send a e-mail)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Paul..its aways good to say it's not my fault on LT napping-I am waiting for that opportunity....dropped mine last night--Mona tricked me!!!!!!!

Mike

Please don't ask me how she coersed me into putting her away after BIG happy trails party for our kids and especially grandkids :histerica :histerica

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shadowofshoe said:
Paul..its aways good to say it's not my fault on LT napping-I am waiting for that opportunity....dropped mine last night--Mona tricked me!!!!!!!

Mike

Please don't ask me how she coersed me into putting her away after BIG happy trails party for our kids and especially grandkids :histerica :histerica
Yup, aren't women like that! :D
We name ships, plans & motorcycles after them and this is what we get . . . no respect :(

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mirror parts

Paul:

Chicago BMW (http://www.chicagobmwmotorcycle.com/) has ordered me a left mirror glass ($20) and a swivel ($10) instead of an entire assembly.
Left mirror glass twice now (little over a year ago She decided to take a nap on the left side when she got tired and the mirror glass did not fair so well) :eek:

I had a mirror that would not stay in position and I was told to check the swivel behind the mirror. I tried to pull off the mirror an incurred 7 years bad luck ( had to counter act with chicken blood and Voodo witch). The swivel was broken and none of the other sources (Used parts) I know about had any of the parts in stock anymore so I call Chicago BMW and they were able to order me both parts without ordering the hole assembly.

They get me the parts in 3 days ( I live a few miles from you)

$30 versus $350 :dance:

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
danbrown said:
Paul try www.cyclesrecycles.com in morganton,NC phone (828) 433-1067 exclusively BMW. hope this helps.
Dan,
Thanks, I'll try the phone # later this morning. Couldn't connect to the website. :(

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaddyDukes said:
You might also try Beemer Boneyard. I bought some parts from them with real good service.

Keith
Keith,
I have a "want" order with them for any color. I can paint to match as long as it has the chrome (plastic) trim.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jkersh1 said:
Down around Columbus OH

http://www.re-psycle.com/
Re-Psycle, BMW Parts
240 West Columbus Street
P.O. Box 247
Lithopolis OH 43136-0247
Phone: (614) 837-1160 Fax: (614) 837-0359
John,
Didn't know about these guys. Nothing posted on their site right now, but I'll give them a call for a "Want"!

Thanks again to all.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
PMitchell said:
John,
Didn't know about these guys. Nothing posted on their site right now, but I'll give them a call for a "Want"!

Thanks again to all.
Re-psycle is located in beautiful downtown Lithopolis. They work on older/vintage bikes, doing everything from general maintenace to complete restorations. They won't work on the newer/larger bikes (K1200LT, GT, etc.), claiming they don't have the space in their workshop -- it's very cramped. They explained it to me just that way, but I also got the impression they didn't have the newer tools (computer stuff) or desire to learn the new components.

They are a smaller operation but have tons of experience and work strictly on BMW bikes. All that said, I'll bet they could order you anything you need.

They also have a few bikes for sale at any time. Worth a trip to go see them!

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hschisler said:
Re-psycle is located in beautiful downtown Lithopolis. They work on older/vintage bikes, doing everything from general maintenace to complete restorations. They won't work on the newer/larger bikes (K1200LT, GT, etc.), claiming they don't have the space in their workshop -- it's very cramped. They explained it to me just that way, but I also got the impression they didn't have the newer tools (computer stuff) or desire to learn the new components.

They are a smaller operation but have tons of experience and work strictly on BMW bikes. All that said, I'll bet they could order you anything you need.

They also have a few bikes for sale at any time. Worth a trip to go see them!
Thanks Howard. I got busy moving into a new office today and have to follow up on the sources provided by the fine gentlemen of this site.

I ordered a pair of the Saeng mirrors as a temp fix until I can get a used or new ( :eek: ) left assembly. I'm playing with some JB Weld tonight, Gorilla & fiberglass tapes for a temp fix so she doesn't look unbalanced. Not sure if it will hold.

Anyway, live and learn. Leave the "aminals" along no matter how cute they look.Perhaps mama was just in the thicket and ready to rear up on me for being interested her bambi. Those horned road toads can really get nasty if provoked into a fight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts