BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I really like the Bags Connection tank bags. the ones I'm looking at are the CITY, ENGAGE, and the ENDURO. does anyone have one of these mounted on your bike and if so, would you be willing to post a picture of what it looks like. I don't have a dealer anywhere in my area so i don't want to mail order 1 if it won't work. Thank you ahead of time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to mention that I'm ok with drilling the stingray cover for the Engage and the City bags.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Well Brian, this is not a bags Connection brand tank bag, but it does mount to the oddments box lid with a corona ring type mount like you see for the ones that have the filler port right on top. This bag is a Marsee I believe. It is on one of the LT's for sale in our Classified Forum:
http://www.bmwlt.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/3511

This may or may not help, but take it for what its worth!

John

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have used the Bags Connection Enduro on my '99 LT for a couple of years now and am quite happy with it. Quick and easy on and off. Front strap loops under the stingray(?) at the front and the rear attaches to two included straps that wrap on the frame and come up under the seat. Maps can get wet in an all day rain, probably through the zipper, but not sure. They include a water proof bag to use inside the bag to keep your stuff dry if you are riding in the rain a lot. It holds what I need it for and by undoing a zipper around the perimeter, it will expand upwards to hold your rally t-shirts and souvenirs if that is what you need. Once it is set up, taking the bag off involves undoing two clips, grabbing the handle and walking away. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats actually a lot of help Ross, one question (well 2) does it cover the radio buttons and hows the width when you turn full lock.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just slipped it on the bike to check. Radio buttons are accessible and display can be seen (for what that's worth) although the display may be somewhat hidden by the leading edge of the bag when viewed from the rider's seat. Approximate dimensions for the main bag are
13" X 10" X 9"(7") l x w x h rear/front. There are two zippered side pouches, approximately 9" X 5" X 2" (l x h x depth at rear, tapering to almost nothing at the front). There is also a zippered rear pouch, approximately 7" X 4" X 2" (w x h x depth) that I find handy for a slim digital camera. Controls can contact the bag at full lock. I have found the horn switch a couple of times while paddling forward or reversing out of a spot. I have never had any issue with that in regular riding. Oh, and there is of course a map pocket/window on the top of the bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts