BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where this should go but I was interested in whose bag liners you like best. I am confused after going to the Accessories list and looking at the bag info. I have BMW bags for my R12CLC(RIP).
Benton

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hummm. I'm guessing no one uses bag liners on their LTs. An executive decision has been made, I'll go with the RKA bags.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my original thought with this thread:
"I was interested in whose bag liners you like best".
With the choice of: Kathy's, RKA, Beemers, etc. I wasn't sure whose would be the best fit for our LTs. I just wanted some info on the quality, fit in the bags, ease of use and such information. Maybe everyone misread and thought I was looking for someone's extra or left over bags.
My BMW bags for my CLC(RIP) fit in the boxes but do not take advantage of all the available space.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
bblalock said:
Here is my original thought with this thread:
"I was interested in whose bag liners you like best".
I have and like the ones made by Gene DeSantis -- IIRC, he calls them "Beemer Bags." Gene, an LT owner, has a police supply/holster business with an excellent repuration for quality goods. I chose his bags because I consider them to be better built/sturdier/better materials than the competition (BMW's leather bags excluded from my consideration by the $$$ price). My 5 yr old bags are still in excellent condition.

HTH,

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ha ha,

you lucky guys as your BMW brand bags are at least leather...
The ones that are sold here in Europe as OEM BMW bags are just black heavy duty vinyl made in Ukraine with a price tag of appox 500 euros. (close to 600 USD).

These bags are OK but by no means worth that much...

·
Registered
98 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
Ha ha,

you lucky guys as your BMW brand bags are at least leather...
The ones that are sold here in Europe as OEM BMW bags are just black heavy duty vinyl made in Ukraine with a price tag of appox 500 euros. (close to 600 USD).

These bags are OK but by no means worth that much...

The parts of the bags looking like vinyl are actually calf nappa leather, according to the tag inside the bags. Still too expensive :) Jari

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
pomppe said:
The parts of the bags looking like vinyl are actually calf nappa leather, according to the tag inside the bags. Still too expensive :) Jari

Oops, you are right!

Went and looked closer and indeed. I have never seen leather looking so much like vinyl! I guess I have to give BMW a little more credit for this...

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts