BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post the site that sells the lights for our bags. I looked at them once, you remove the reflectors and then install these LED lights. The company even gives you a refund for sending your old reflectors back to them.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Hollywood said:
Can someone post the site that sells the lights for our bags. I looked at them once, you remove the reflectors and then install these LED lights. The company even gives you a refund for sending your old reflectors back to them.

Thanks for the help!
Clicky clicky here

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Akshully, a mild tip-over does not reach the reflector/lights DAMHIK. One that was loud enuf to hear inside a store took a peppercorn chip out of the reflector edge, but could not be seen from 5ft away.

Puttin a set on the 07 as soon as the garage temp is above zero!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Chick said:
Those are awesome, Dick, but probably wouldn't handle a tip over too well.
Chick - you talkin' about the saddlebag lights, or the bumper lights? If saddlebag, they prolly aren't any more prone to damage than the OEM stock stuff.

If the bumper lights, here is what I did. Rather than do 'em myself, I asked Larry to make 'em up for me. I put amber LEDs along the forward leading edge, and red LEDs along the trailing edge, BUTT, left a gap between the two - right at the bend/touchdown area of the bumper. I think if the drop is of the normal kind, I'll be ok, as evidenced by my previous experience!!! :rolleyes: If it's severe, as in a skidding drop, then I'm out the bumper and the lights and I get to replace 'em. Butt, they're not all that expensive - prolly would've been smarter of me to order two sets, butt ........ :(

I'll be installing my sets within the week, hopefully, and plan on putting a pic or two on the site. May run 'em in this thread.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dick said:
Chick - you talkin' about the saddlebag lights, or the bumper lights? If saddlebag, they prolly aren't any more prone to damage than the OEM stock stuff.

If the bumper lights, here is what I did. Rather than do 'em myself, I asked Larry to make 'em up for me. I put amber LEDs along the forward leading edge, and red LEDs along the trailing edge, BUTT, left a gap between the two - right at the bend/touchdown area of the bumper. I think if the drop is of the normal kind, I'll be ok, as evidenced by my previous experience!!! :rolleyes: If it's severe, as in a skidding drop, then I'm out the bumper and the lights and I get to replace 'em. Butt, they're not all that expensive - prolly would've been smarter of me to order two sets, butt ........ :(

I'll be installing my sets within the week, hopefully, and plan on putting a pic or two on the site. May run 'em in this thread.
Dick:

I was referring to the bumper lights. Will be interested in seeing your pics when finished. They look like they would be a good idea.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Saddlebag reflector lites

Larry makes a quality product there. I installed them (they also act as blinkers) and I firmly believe they add to your visibility.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
SeaMarshal said:
Larry makes a quality product there. I installed them (they also act as blinkers) and I firmly believe they add to your visibility.
and they look stock, and they operate as running lights, and they look "right" -- not gawdy like some of the Goldwing lights that are over-the-top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts