BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has a Baehr intercomm on their RT, without a stereo? If so, how do you control the volume?

I have a new RT and will be adding a Baehr. Do I need the stereo for amplified music??

Thanks

·
IBR# 366
16,572 Posts
I have a Baehr on my GT. My audio inputs are iPod (with remote for volume control), GPS (with volume control from its touch screen), and V1 radar detector (with volume control from its remote audio kit).

I set the V1 volume to something I can hear at speed over the music, and then leave it alone. The remote audio adapter is set where it is protected from weather, but I can tap the mut button if needed.The iPod volume gets changed as needed with its remote, as the iPod lives under my seat. On the GPS, the voice directions and mp3 music have their own volume controls. Once these are set to a reasonable balance, I use the GPS's master volume to adjust to riding conditions.

The same setup worked on my LT, as I had removed the factory stereo long ago.

So basically, you have to use the individual device's volume controls to get things balanced. You could also add an inline volume control that goes onto the coiled helmet cord for overall control, but I haven't found this to be necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts