BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the coiled cable that goes from helmet to plug into baehr system. I see they are $50 from baehr. Anyone else carry a cabl that works for less. How about radio shack?

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Assuming you are referring to Baehr part # SPK-01-03, the only place I found them was from Challenger Motors, New Zealand, but the same price you quoted... in New Zealand dollars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've ordered from Challenger Motors a few times, standard shipping is cheap and fast. You can also get Baehr parts from South Africa, and Finland, I've also gotten parts there. Very fast and reliable.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Pretty sure they use a standard 5 Pin DIN connector....so if you can't find one, you could always buy the components and make one....for allot less than $50.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about that also I am sure RS has a connector and I have a solder gun. Thanks

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
mpillis said:
I was thinking about that also I am sure RS has a connector and I have a solder gun. Thanks
I don't have a clue if this applies to your situation, butt way back in the day, when the Autocomm units were the rage, their first gen systems used a 5 pin DIN cord that you could find at an electronic store (not RS, butt like Frye's or just an electronic supply company) and the coiled ones were a leetle more costly than the straights!! The straights were available in my area for about $2.95!!! They were classed as computer keyboard connecting cables. Might try a google or Amazon look-up. HTH, and good luck.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok went to Radio Shack and for less than $15 I got a cble that works, actually 3.
Got 3 cables in a package, each 3 foot long. Red, yellow and blue. But both ends were male so got a male to female adaptor. Works great. The cables are not coiled but that is ok.
So thanks to everyone who offered great advice.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thread resurrection:

Do you have a part number for the 3 pack?

Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts