BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought anything from this Baehr company? I have that system on my bike and would like to hook up my phone to it for music but no one from that company has ever responded to me. Are they legit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like more information about what the system is, and what its function is. Not sure if I will be able to contribute, but I am always on the lookout for addons that improve my riding experience.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
They were a great company and did develop a great intercom for the LT but I don't know if they are still in business. I have a friend that had one on his LT, "hschisler" is his screen name here. He may still have a manual.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I haven't purchased anything recently from Baehr but have the original one I installed back in 2006 when I bought my KLT. It still works perfectly and has never let me down except for one time when my SO's bulkhead connection became extremely wet, in a downpour, and caused voice static. I made my own interface cables for music and phone by purchasing some DIN connectors, 4 or 5 conductor cables and 1/8" pin jacks. These are connected to the #'s 2 and 3 Universal interface cables depending on priority preference. I have it disconnected right at the moment due to performing maintenance on the bike. During a recent search, I located some pre-made cables on Ebay, (1/8" pin to DIN), that may work. I'm not sure if they have the correct wiring or not. I may have my original notes for wiring but my memory isn't as good as it used to be and have to research it if needed......Rob

Attachments

Reactions: mwnahas

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
They were a great company and did develop a great intercom for the LT but I don't know if they are still in business. I have a friend that had one on his LT, "hschisler" is his screen name here. He may still have a manual.
I have the Baehr intercom that I removed from my previous K1200LT, but no printed manual. I do have the User Guide as a 325KB PDF; I can email it to you if you provide an address.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Has anyone ever bought anything from this Baehr company? I have that system on my bike and would like to hook up my phone to it for music but no one from that company has ever responded to me. Are they legit?
I would like more information about what the system is, and what its function is. Not sure if I will be able to contribute, but I am always on the lookout for addons that improve my riding experience.
This may or may not help in your quest with the Baehr unit. Please take into consideration this is from 2006 and things may have changed since then. Obviously the chicken scratch notes are of my own doing but everything did work properly.........:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts