BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Baehr a few months ago and love it. Only problem is with my phone. I am using a LG Venus from Verizon. I plug it in, set the phone to autoanswer since I'd never hear it ring. If I am sitting still, I can initiate a call and hear it fine. The wife has called several times and says it rings, then picks up and nothing else...no wind noise, sound of my singing, nothing. I never hear a thing. I have adjusted the volume on that input all the way up on the Baehr and the phone. The only thing left is to try another phone. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem? Everything else works great...GPS, Radio, Ipod. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Ken,
Don't change a thing! You can call out but wifey can't call you.

Ride Like You Stole It!
:histerica

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It is a PHONE issue, not the Baehr.

A lot of phones when used threw the earphone mini plug WILL NOT ring threw the connection.

·
Premium Member
7,813 Posts
Some phones have a "headset" setting. Look through the various menus on your phone for this. The headset setting - at least on my Sanyo phone - lets an incoming call ring twice and then auto-answers.

<edit> Going back and reading your description again, I now understand (duh) that your phone is answering, but it's not working with the headset. I guess I don't have any help for you, except to ask if you are able to pick up the phone and use it when it's connected through the Baehr unit and after it auto-answers an incoming call?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hschisler said:
Some phones have a "headset" setting. Look through the various menus on your phone for this. The headset setting - at least on my Sanyo phone - lets an incoming call ring twice and then auto-answers.

<edit> Going back and reading your description again, I now understand (duh) that your phone is answering, but it's not working with the headset. I guess I don't have any help for you, except to ask if you are able to pick up the phone and use it when it's connected through the Baehr unit and after it auto-answers an incoming call?
I'm not sure about that. I am going to work on it as soon as I get home this weekend and see what I can come up with. Might even try out the wife's phone to see if it works. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
PMitchell said:
Ken,
Don't change a thing! You can call out but wifey can't call you.
Not always such a good thing. I work nights so sometimes just stay on my work schedule on my days off. A couple nights ago I let my wife know that I was going to take a late night ride with an open end return time depending on the weather/mood/karma/zen, etc.

Well, the weather was 55 deg F. I rode nearly 200 miles east in the Columbia River gorge. No wind, the moon was full. Just a gorgeous night to ride.

The problem came when my wife woke up at 3:50 am and tried to call me. I didn't get the message until nearly 6:00 a.m. by which time she had nearly convinced herself that I was upside down in a ditch somewhere.

I must figure out why I did not receive her incoming calls.

The best thing would have been to have her with me. It was just one of those perfect riding times.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be that I had the phone on the silent/vibrate setting. I subsequently upgraded to the Baehr bluetooth dongle which seemed to work better than when wired in to the unit.

·
Premium Member
7,813 Posts
BAMBI said:
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be that I had the phone on the silent/vibrate setting. I subsequently upgraded to the Baehr bluetooth dongle which seemed to work better than when wired in to the unit.
Excellent point. The original poster should ensure his ringer is set to max. volume, as well as his headset volume (both are settings on the phone, not the Baehr).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts