BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok still getting the Baehr and cables installed. Just got the cable for the ipod from Baehr and hooked it up. It works great thru the headset . I even had it set at Auxillary on the on-board stereo and it worked thru headset. But I cannot get the Ipod to play thru the bikes speakers. I unplugged my helmet and it still doesn't come out the bike speakers. The Ipod is connected to 3rd lead of the Baehr.
Am I missing something or is this how it works.?
Thanks all

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
The actual answer may be iPod-specific; in that case I can't help, as I don't have one.

Do other audio sources (radio, CD, etc.) play through the bike's speakers?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am not aware of any input to the Baehr that plays through the bike's speakers. It is not hooked up as an input to the radio. The radio is an input to the Baehr. If the Ipod is only hooked up to the Baehr then I would not expect it to play through the speakers. Don't understand your statement about the AUX setting. If you want the Ipod to play through the speaker (IOW through the radio head,) then you have to hook it in directly or through an FM signal. I'm sure some experts can refine my answer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
to get an ipod to play through your radio you will have to buy the same thing for the bike that you would to get the ipod to play on your car radio. i've seen them advertised but don't remember by what company. omurphy

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Like said by others, the radio unit is an input for the Baehr. The Baehr can't play sound on the speakers. The AUX setting on the stereo can only be used if anything is hooked up directly to the radio (aux pins at the back of the radio unit). AFAIK the only intercom that is able to use the speakers is the BMW VOICE. With that intercom you can even have the GPS directions through the speakers.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all

That makes sense and is what I figured as I lay in bed thinking about it last night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts