BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Baehr com system but the new/used bike I have has it own com system on board. Is there an adapter I can use to connect my Baehr headsets to the onboard com system? If not I will be putting this whole Baehr system in the classified section soon. I have not been able to get my iPhone3gs to work with the Baehr.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
This is the only place I know of, (and the closest dealer) for Baehr stuff.

http://www.challengermotors.co.nz/
Pretty good online list of cables with pictures, prices etc.

They answer email questions quick and I have purchased from them a couple times, all aok.

good luck

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Andy,

before you go and get rid of your Baehr, make sure you get your iPhone working with your bike's current intercom.
Have you tried to hook up your iPhone to the Baehr bluetooth or what? I know some people have had problems with their iPhones with other intercom systems as well.

Regards

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ari,
I am not using the Baehr bluetooth, too expensive.
I was able to use my first gen iPhone if I used the TTY adapter that Apple sells. That would not work for the 3gs. I got a cable from Baehr that has the 3 ring pin but when I call someone they hear themselves in a bad echo and louder than they hear me. I can use my phone for music but calls are frustrating especially when it worked so well before.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH, the iPhone won't work with my onboard com system either! Perhaps I just have to get a second phone, that would be a major PITA. Get on bike, switch simm card. No, I won't do that.

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
My iPhone 3GS works with my Baehr intercom using Baehr's standard 3-connector cell phone cable, plus a 3-connector to 4-connector adapter that allows the mic to work as well.

I do get a humming noise if the phone is plugged into the doc connector to charge while I'm calling, but unplugging that makes the hum go away.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meese,
Is your Baehr standard 3 connector a mini or large? Where did you get the 3 connector to 4 adapter?
Thanks for the help. This sounds like it will take care of it.

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts