BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of days ago I posted the above. First thought maybe a tire, because of cupping. I was hoping hard because I have ridden motors with cupping and did not feel the virbration as I did. Anyway it turns out to a u-joint and pin with bad workmanship.

I was told that someone in the past has worked on it and did not put back the same way. I am not a name caller, and I will get it fixed. It is a used scooter and that what happens, I guess.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There seems to be a lot of postings on this issue. Maybe you could keep everyone informed of the outcome and process, especially if it resolves your problem. I think quite a few have decided to "just live with it", maybe your determination will solve their wobbles too. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw the u-joint. Not pretty could've been bad had it come out under power. There is housing that the u-joint goes in which has geared teeth. Whoever had worked on it before did not put in all the way. This cause the wobble and with time wore out the teeth on the u-joint. Course you can not just but the u-joint but the whole shaft. My luck, could've been worst. The final drive is ok, no teeth worn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts