BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safe passage to all you folks in the upper South Central Tejas area around DFW and points north/northeast. National TV coverage of all that nasty wx shows what an amazing event Mother Nature can enable. Hope everyone took cover; is taking cover; and losses are few and none serious. When the show is over, those that have the means to, and want to, please check in here - the concern is serious.

BTW - for those of you with iPhones, there is a National Weather Alert app that is free - lets you designate up to 5 locations - and receive voice alerts along with text data on the severe wx events such as Thunderstorms, Tornadoes, Flood, Winter, Snow, Ice, Fog, Fire, Wind, Hurricane, Marine, Dense Smoke, Heat, and several more categories. Included is iMap radar moving wx visual. Just do a search on the app icon for iMapWeatherRadio.

Best always.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Dick said:
Safe passage to all you folks in the upper South Central Tejas area around DFW and points north/northeast. National TV coverage of all that nasty wx shows what an amazing event Mother Nature can enable. Hope everyone took cover; is taking cover; and losses are few and none serious. When the show is over, those that have the means to, and want to, please check in here - the concern is serious.

BTW - for those of you with iPhones, there is a National Weather Alert app that is free - lets you designate up to 5 locations - and receive voice alerts along with text data on the severe wx events such as Thunderstorms, Tornadoes, Flood, Winter, Snow, Ice, Fog, Fire, Wind, Hurricane, Marine, Dense Smoke, Heat, and several more categories. Included is iMap radar moving wx visual. Just do a search on the app icon for iMapWeatherRadio.

Best always.

$9.99 in itunes right now...

Scary here, black as midnight, raining like hell, baseball sized hail 20 miles from here, we're on our sixth tornado touchdown. Kids and the wife are all in "school lockdown" Mother Nature can be a real b***h when she wants to be.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been streaming it here at work best that I can. Crazy stuff.

We had the bad stuff around 4am, but it has since moved on.

Stay safe down there in DFW metro area!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Pie Princess, PIT and Mr. Pie are all accounted for! Wow, very scary time here. We had to take cover at work in the downstairs bathroom. Tornados were all around and the closest was one exit up from my work (which sits on the highway). Sarah's school did their evacuation drill.

Oh, Bruce is accounted for too!

Springtime in Texas . . . you gotta love it . . . NOT!!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If you were watching the news last night at 10 on channel 8, the 19 month old baby girl that was in the house that was flattened in Forney was Keith's niece, Abigail. She was at her babysitters house along with 2 other kids. The babysitter did a great job of getting them in the bathroom and protecting them. She sat on 2 of the kids and held her grandson. The force of the wind nearly tore her grandson out of her arms. She was holding on to him for dear life by his feet. Abigail's grandfather was heading to pick her up and rounded the corner in his car in time to see the house literally fly up in the air. Imagine his horror. Abigail's dad arrived right behind the grandfather and due to all the trash had to park and run half a mile to get to the house. He got to the street and saw that the house was gone. The only thing standing was the bathtub and three walls around it. God was definitly there! Abigail was checked out at the hospital and released last night. She has cuts, knots and bruises all over her but no internal injuries. PTL. All kids are okay but the babysitter is in the hospital. Please pray for her as she has lost everything.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
PiePrincess said:
If you were watching the news last night at 10 on channel 8, the 19 month old baby girl that was in the house that was flattened in Forney was Keith's niece, Abigail. She was at her babysitters house along with 2 other kids. The babysitter did a great job of getting them in the bathroom and protecting them. She sat on 2 of the kids and held her grandson. The force of the wind nearly tore her grandson out of her arms. She was holding on to him for dear life by his feet. Abigail's grandfather was heading to pick her up and rounded the corner in his car in time to see the house literally fly up in the air. Imagine his horror. Abigail's dad arrived right behind the grandfather and due to all the trash had to park and run half a mile to get to the house. He got to the street and saw that the house was gone. The only thing standing was the bathtub and three walls around it. God was definitly there! Abigail was checked out at the hospital and released last night. She has cuts, knots and bruises all over her but no internal injuries. PTL. All kids are okay but the babysitter is in the hospital. Please pray for her as she has lost everything.
Wow, quite a write-up Princess. So glad Abigail is ok. If you are going to do fundraising for the babysitter I'm in. PM me your addy and I'll send you a check.

Dan Martin

·
Registered
888 Posts
Very scary day indeed. News said last night that a "preliminary" count of tornadoes that touched down is 12 in the DFW area. I think that would include the 2 in Forney.
I had marble size hail at my house in Garland and lots of very heavy rain.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Wow PP, glad no one was hurt but SCARY!!!

Everybody else OK up there?

·
Registered
232 Posts
We were evacuated to the stairwell in our building in Arlington yesterday. We missed the tornadoes as they passed to the south of us. Southeast Arlington was hit pretty hard.The mayor has declared it a disaster area. So far now reported loss of life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts