BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out over the weekend that the little restaurant at the corner of US 19 and US 129 known as Turners Corner is closed for good. No more fried trout sandwiches headed to or home from STC or the fall gathering at Iron Horse or any other time I'm out riding that area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
I found out over the weekend that the little restaurant at the corner of US 19 and US 129 known as Turners Corner is closed for good. No more fried trout sandwiches headed to or home from STC or the fall gathering at Iron Horse or any other time I'm out riding that area.
It's not that bad Steve, ok maybe it is really, I do miss the place already, hey we could all go in and buy the place (for about 3+ million bucks last i heard for all the property there)

But there are other places that have good food, I am about to try out a place on Aska Rd this year to be sure it did not change, it is right on a river as well, and not much further away

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
DaveDragon said:
Just kidding, nothing should come between a Man and his Trout.

What no Whine

<grin>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
May be a blessing in disguise. The new place you find to replace Turners Corner might be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Remember: The cup is half FULL. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Turner's corner

Yep, rode by there early March and sign said "closed for winter". Still went around back to use facilities. Lots of bikes hanging around out front getting a breather.

Then a friend went by there on a later ride and said it was for sale.

Oh well, hope it's another restaurant. That's a great place to chill with the sound of the bubbling creek right behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,829 Posts
bummer indeed

I loved that place by the river! New mission, find a replacement on a RTE some weekend.



Steve_R said:
I found out over the weekend that the little restaurant at the corner of US 19 and US 129 known as Turners Corner is closed for good. No more fried trout sandwiches headed to or home from STC or the fall gathering at Iron Horse or any other time I'm out riding that area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
johnrehder said:
I loved that place by the river! New mission, find a replacement on a RTE some weekend.

Not to hard hit Aska Rd headed into Blue ridge, there is a good (ok good last year) place on the river there right where Stanley creek rd meets Aska rd (aska rd is off dial rd north of TWO about 10-12 miles (I think) on US 60 were the only flashing light is in a curve

mapsource waypoint file uploaded
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
399 Posts
I hope this is a joke! Surely they would not just close up for good. With all the business they had. I know I'm for sure going to miss the trout and they also had a good cheesburger. Almost as good as the one in Tiger.

tcars
John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
JCarver said:
I hope this is a joke! Surely they would not just close up for good. With all the business they had. I know I'm for sure going to miss the trout and they also had a good cheesburger. Almost as good as the one in Tiger.

tcars
John
No Joke, the property is up for sale along with turners corner store (the place just down 19 with the gas pumps) it's all gone :(, I see the campground is operating though, I think the sale of the property was split last time it sold, cutting the restaurant and store away from the campground, although I am not positive about that at all , rumored was they went bankrupt, I just don;t get that though because they were the only game in that area
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top