BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
More than 8 days ago, I sent a message to A&S Cycles («http://www.ascycles.com») asking about a product. I have yet to receive a reply. I mean, 8 days! I sent them a reminder two days ago, and got an automated reply saying something like «Your request is being reviewed by our team... we will back to you as soon as...» All I asked was that if a certain item would fit my model bike. You'd think I was applying for citizenship or my tax return was audited. Geez!

So, that's it, I'm done with A&S. There are enough merchants for BMW farkles out there.

Just wanted to share my bad experience with them. YMMV.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Bummer. I was just on-site at A&S yesterday, and had a great experience. Bobby in parts spent an hour working with my wife to get the correct fit on her new helmet.

Their internet team is a separate dept. though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hallzee said:
Bummer. I was just on-site at A&S yesterday, and had a great experience. Bobby in parts spent an hour working with my wife to get the correct fit on her new helmet.

Their internet team is a separate dept. though.
Well, they should give sh... to their Internet dept because they just made them lose a customer. And gain a bad story on the Net.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Methinks we seem to have forgotten about phones in the digital age. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
I seem to have worked out my issue with A&S recently over the web. I unsubscribed to their emailings since I was no longer going to do business with them. I was personally contacted, via email, and asked why I was unsubscribing. I told them what had been happening and left it at that. A few days later a package arrived for me that, I suppose, was to right their wrong.
I haven't decided yet if it did, but I feel at least one of the issues was resolved.

Jer

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Sorry you had a issue but I must say I have had excellent service from them.

I ordered the top case brake light flasher over the internet. When I got it it didn't function correctly, so I called them. Got a guy named Paul on the phone explained my issue, he put me on hold for about 30 seconds, came back and said new one is in the mail. I asked about the broken one, keep it was the reply.

My two cents but; one can rarely detect attitude from an automated email, perhaps a phone call will resolve your issue.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
While I will NEVER be a supporter of A N(U) S... I will say that if you call the parts department or walk in you'll have better luck.... Ask for Freddie... LOL

·
Registered
519 Posts
I also had a bad experience with them about 4 years ago when I was looking to purchase an LT. They said they won't sell a motorcycle to a Canadian!!

I foung that strange, so I called back to discuss with a manager a few days later, got the same reply.
So I found one in New York at a dealer, and will continue to purchase from them.

I guess that was policy when things were going well!!

Bowdon

·
Registered
494 Posts
Been doing business with A&S for about 15 years, and in all those years I can say I have never had a bad expierence with them.
Sorry to hear about yours!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Maybe you have to explain to them Bowden that Canada is contiguous with USA?

That reminds me of when I set out to buy another HD. I called different dealers, including the one that I had bought my prior one from, and was told that they wouldn't let me buy one unless I lived near their dealership.

I love my 2000 LT; bought it in 2000.

Best from tucson
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I also had a bad experience with them about 4 years ago when I was looking to purchase an LT. They said they won't sell a motorcycle to a Canadian!!
A freind of mine, in our local BMW Club, & is a BMW motorcycle dealer told me.
BMW NA has told all it's USA dealers to not sell to Canadians. That BMW NA will make life hard on any of the dealers that do.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Hammam said:
Well, they should give sh... to their Internet dept because they just made them lose a customer. And gain a bad story on the Net.

Posts like this are totally non-productive and only prove your inability to solve a minor issue.

Then you whine and trash them in public like it's the end of the world and that you choosing to personally not do buisness with them will cause others to do the same.

Why not first post in the Nor-Cal forum if anyone here knows how to expedite a response (many of us personally know the owner/employees) or ask if someone knows if your desired farkle fits your bike?

Did you try the manufacture first (probably the best people to know if it works for you) ?
As mentioned, why not just use the phone and get instant satisfaction?

I can only guess A & S gets hundreds of internet emails daily and responding to each must be a challenge, not an excuse but a fact.
Perhaps they had to inquire of the mfg and are waiting for a reply just like you?

IMO the "keyboard" is the least productive way to get satisfaction.

Have I always been 100% satisfied when dealing with A & S (or any of the hundreds of other business I deal with personally)?
NO, but I make sure to let them know why so they or I can improve how we deal with each other.

Sorry your unhappy and if your ever in Nor-Cal I owe you a beer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hammam said:
More than 8 days ago, I sent a message to A&S Cycles («http://www.ascycles.com») asking about a product. I have yet to receive a reply. I mean, 8 days! I sent them a reminder two days ago, and got an automated reply saying something like «Your request is being reviewed by our team... we will back to you as soon as...» All I asked was that if a certain item would fit my model bike. You'd think I was applying for citizenship or my tax return was audited. Geez!

So, that's it, I'm done with A&S. There are enough merchants for BMW farkles out there.

Just wanted to share my bad experience with them. YMMV.
Hi
I am Randy Felice the Dealer Principle at A&S BMW Motorcycles. I just saw this. We have a very sophisticated system for following up on emails so please send me your email address so I can track down what happened. my email addres is [email protected]. Lets figue this one out. My cell is 916-705-5356

1 - 13 of 13 Posts