BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cranked my bike at the shop the other day at lunch. I noticed the smoke as I pulled out. When I hit the street I noticed it was backfiring through the intake, sputtering. I hit the throttle three times and it did the same thing. Then it smoothed out and stayed that way. That's the first time I've had it do that. Anyone else experience this?..............Thanks......... :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hmm...maybe too much oil feel on the cylinder heads? This happens when you put the bike on the side stand right after u shut it off. Never heard of it causing backfiring, but I guess it could.
Someone on here recommened waiting until the thermostat when all the way down before I pput it on the side stand, this has worked for me.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back into it this morning and checked all the vacuum hoses. I took the Autolite plugs out and installed NGKs. I also did a canisterectomy while I was there. I added some Seafoam and filled up with gas yesterday. It seems to be running better although it does still have that occasional exhaust "poot" when running around 30mph. If it's an injector, maybe the Seafoam will clean it out. I can't think of anything else to check............. :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
It sounds like an advanced ignition or a valve that is not sealing correctly. I'd lean more tward the valve though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts