Registered
1,106 Posts
I sold one on ebay :D

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
katnapinn said:
I did not get it off EBay but I do have one and love it.
Ditto!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just got one a few weeks ago from ebay, the ones with the hoop arch instead of the solid? I love it! Let me say though, mine came missing the nut and was put to gether wrong to begin with. Luckily since the nut was missing, the bolt fell out and I had to put it back together properly (after some asking around). Once together and on the bike, took a few trips to adjust it to where I like it, but once there, all was good. Wife sat on the back with it in place and said it does not take up any of her space. I like it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lenny said:
anyone buy one of those bakup backrests off ebay?
i bought one from that place in tx. off ebay, now if the rain stops ill be able to try it

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had mine about a year or better. Makes short rides nice and long rides outstanding.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just moved my trunk forward...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
BaronVonGregg said:

Can you post a rear end view of that bike? Would be interesting to see what it looks like

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Makes an interesting solo travel rig.
Looks like a unique saddle as well. Have it built, or do it yourself?
Curious about the aft view as well. Looks like you would have room for a small cargo rack aft of the trunk.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
BaronVonGregg said:

How do you throw your leg over the trunk?. I thing I'd have to do some kind of step thru using the foot peg. I'll bet them rear speakers sound real good.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
jrh2020 said:
Makes an interesting solo travel rig.
Looks like a unique saddle as well. Have it built, or do it yourself?
Curious about the aft view as well. Looks like you would have room for a small cargo rack aft of the trunk.
Here is a picture of my "El Camino" conversion from some years ago. I did "step through" to get on, not difficult, and I did not have to step up on anything. I could get on from the right side much better than from the left though.

The motorcycle bag on the back is mounted on a sliding rail so I could move it back to open the top box.

I did a lot of cross country riding with that set up, and loved it.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
dshealey said:
Here is a picture of my "El Camino" conversion from some years ago. I did "step through" to get on, not difficult, and I did not have to step up on anything. I could get on from the right side much better than from the left though.

The motorcycle bag on the back is mounted on a sliding rail so I could move it back to open the top box.

I did a lot of cross country riding with that set up, and loved it.
Hi David,
Could you provide more details of how you did the conversion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts