BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hhmmn ... gotta say, I've never heard of it. I'll have to ride down there and check it out. It's not too terribly far. Good for an over-nighter. Thanks for posting. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I found info from a Mini Cooper site.

I have mapped out a trip for a couple of friends this summer.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,101 Posts
I rode that on the GS during the MOA rally in Johnson City. There were some really great rides in that area. I need to go back...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
That's part of my preferred route when heading from NC to Charleston, WV for my wifes annual family reunion in July. I didn't know there was anyone trying to commercialize it or that it was anything special. From the moment I leave my driveway all the way to Danville, WV, following 2 lane roads only, heading north, the whole 8 hour ride is a special treat.

It is a fantastic ride, but so is just about every route that heads north across the southern finger of VA and crosses both mountain ridges. Great twists up and down with great vistas from the ridges.

Continuing on 16 north is cool. War is interesting as is Coalwood, home of the "Rocket Boys" (October Sky). Enjoy the ride if you go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We've ridden many great roads in and around that area but have not tried this one. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thanks, going to give it whirl this June!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I drove it in a Porsche, great road!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts