BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from riding the back of the Dragon... Rt 16 between Marion & Tazewell.
First time riding it on the k1200lt... Had a blast and can really throw it around those twisties.

Awesome ride and will be even better when I get my Russell seat on it in October!!
1000 miles in two & half days puts a strain on the old @rse cheeks!!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Just got back from riding the back of the Dragon... Rt 16 between Marion & Tazewell.
First time riding it on the k1200lt... Had a blast and can really throw it around those twisties.

Awesome ride and will be even better when I get my Russell seat on it in October!!
1000 miles in two & half days puts a strain on the old @rse cheeks!!
I heard about the Back of the Dragon last year. I have relatives in Bluefield VA and have considered riding up to see them and having a run at it while there but it is a long ride for me to get there. I normally cage it.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
I heard about the Back of the Dragon last year. I have relatives in Bluefield VA and have considered riding up to see them and having a run at it while there but it is a long ride for me to get there. I normally cage it.
Definitely worth your while. I rode this from Marion to Beckley and it was a fun ride. Stopped at a couple covered bridges and had a great ride. I much prefer this to Tail of the Dragon which is way over rated. This has nice road for the most part and very light traffic and no cops.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Yea. I've done that road. Very nice and less crowded. Another one is Rt 60 from outside Charleston WV to Hico. Also a fun one is Rt 50 between I 79 in Clarksburg WV and Gormania. Stop at the roadside store in Rowlesburg called coolspring park. If Mr Haney from green acres built a roadside store, this would be it. They have a little diner inside with good roadside eats. While your there. Shop around. It's very interesting. Pick up a cured ham or a sack of bacon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i did the tail of the Dragon ( california / Oregon ) on my Duke and waiting to try it on the LT after i get use to chucking 1000lbs around
will put my go-pro on and share

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
I've rode it twice in the rain. Maybe someday it will be dry when I ride it again. Great road & a few good views.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts