BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Has anyone had any experience with this or a similar product. I am having a problem with my lower back causing quite a bit of right hip and upper leg pain because of a pinched nerve from an old injury. It has kept me from using my LT most of this year except for short rides. Also any thoughts on a back rest like the Bakup written up in another thread. The other alternative is surgery and I don't want that yet. Thanks for any ideas, Kippa

2005 LT
2000 ZRX

·
Registered
102 Posts
back a line backsupport

I actually just bought one at the MOA Rally. My lower back was giving me problems just standing and walking after the trip to West Bend. I tried one and my back felt better.. I used it at the MOA and on the trip home. In my opinion it worked well and made a diffence. You need to " cinch it" tight to work but I felt immediate relief.

Rick

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Support belts (belts that wrap around and velcro in the front are generally not recommended) due to the fact that it actually weakens the stomach muscles further, thereby contributing to more back pain due to increased misalignment. I would do more abdominal exercises and strenghen the back muscles instead of using a support belt.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
sheldan2 said:
Support belts (belts that wrap around and velcro in the front are generally not recommended) due to the fact that it actually weakens the stomach muscles further, thereby contributing to more back pain due to increased misalignment. I would do more abdominal exercises and strenghen the back muscles instead of using a support belt.

Oh yeah. Like you're a doctor or something! :histerica :histerica

Oh, I forgot...you are a doctor...with a bad back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts