BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get the feeling that our LTs are the b##tard children of BMW? How often to we see service articles, touring stories, etc. in BMW ON? This months cover had three bikes. Why not a four, maybe an LT?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
budzee said:
This months cover had three bikes. Why not a four, maybe an LT?
To Damn big to fit :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know what you mean. Have you seen the new Geico add? Starts with them talking about the beauty of motorcycling, nice view from a hill top as it pans over a LT. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen one I a commercial.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We are the best kept secret out there.

Scott

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
BMW ON ain't got nothing on this site right here, especially for LT-related topics.

·
Registered
938 Posts
With Regard to BMW ON, one of the things that I am puzzled about is that most of the technical articles are about oil heads or air heads. When was the last time they showed how to adjust valved on a "K".... Am I missing something??? I know they reviewed the GT and the S & R. But, I haven't heard anything helpful or substaintive about the LT..

It was real hard for me to renew my membership this year. It is starting to look more like most other magazines with more ads about motorcycle gear then just about anything else.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
budzee said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that our LTs are the b##tard children of BMW? How often to we see service articles, touring stories, etc. in BMW ON? This months cover had three bikes. Why not a four, maybe an LT?
If you're not part of the solution, then perhaps you're part of the problem. How many touring articles have you sent into BMW ON, or any other publication, about your LT?

Personally, I never felt the need to see articles about the LT, or see commercials about it to verify to me that it was a great bike.

As for this month's BMW ON cover...I think you're missing the point. They are showing 3 different generations of the Boxer motor there, and I thought it was really purty cool. But perhaps you should write to them and ask for equal time for the K bikes. It would be just your luck though, that they would choose the new GT as the latest K bike offering. And that wouldn't make me mad either. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
rglassma said:
It was real hard for me to renew my membership this year. It is starting to look more like most other magazines with more ads about motorcycle gear then just about anything else.
That's to please the growing crowd of female riders and those "Metro-Sexual"
types as well. :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
BUGKILLER said:
That's to please the growing crowd of female riders and those "Metro-Sexual"
types as well. :D
I thought it was to please the Harley converts. You guys do need more 3XL t-shirts. People look at me funny when I wear my Harley shirt on the LT. I'm waiting for somebody to ask me about it so I can say,"It's a top secret HD design being tested for next years line-up.":D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts