BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
You guys are all sissies!

Nitecore "tiny monster" 3500 lumens, Burn your eyes right out of your skull.
I have an stubby UltraFire LED flashlight very similar to that one. I also have an 8000Lumen UltraFire. I can shine that one up a 350ft communications tower at night and light it to the top. You can also get a 16000Lumen UltraFire. Granted these really bright ones don't last long on the Li-Ion Batteries when they are at full brightness.

WARNING: Never shine these lights into someone's face (or your own). That intensity can cause instant damage to the retina of your eye.

·
Registered
717 Posts

No thanks. I don't want to be on a trip and stopped in __________population 225 [ fill in the blank ] asking the locals- " Hey, can you tell me if the general store carries EIGHT CR123 batteries? "

·
Registered
62 Posts
But use the 18650 3.7V 4000mAh Li-Ion rechargable batteries, not the disposable CR123. It can actually run off a single 18650, even though it can hold 4 of them. Put 2 in it normally, put 2 more in with a small plastic cap on the end of them (so they are just stored inside for convenience). Then get a mini 2-cell charger that runs off 12V.

No thanks. I don't want to be on a trip and stopped in __________population 225 [ fill in the blank ] asking the locals- " Hey, can you tell me if the general store carries EIGHT CR123 batteries? "

·
Registered
717 Posts
But use the 18650 3.7V 4000mAh Li-Ion rechargable batteries, not the disposable CR123. It can actually run off a single 18650, even though it can hold 4 of them. Put 2 in it normally, put 2 more in with a small plastic cap on the end of them (so they are just stored inside for convenience). Then get a mini 2-cell charger that runs off 12V.
And by then I'm in for well over $300. Still no thanks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts