BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> My friend Tony and I both have new bikes so we took them out to play today, and so I could finish the beak-in miles on mine. We rode 375 miles starting in San Jose, down through Monterey and Carmel, then along the Pacific Coast to Cambria. We met a friend there for lunch, then we headed inland, taking a series of backroads through the central coast wine country and back out to Paso Robles. Tony was on a mission to ride little backroads today, and we hit a bunch of them! We rode all the way from Paso Robles to Hollister on a series of roads in the middle of nowhere, it was awesome! Over 300 of the 375 miles today were on twisty 2 lane or 1 lane roads with beautiful weather the whole way. We even got lucky and were actually going slow all three times we came upon a CHP or Sheriff (trust me, we were really, really lucky :D).

My new RT is awesome! I was really able to get a feel for it today spending that much time in the saddle, and riding so many interesting and challenging roads. Power and handling are great; ergonomics are really comfortable (except for the seat, but Rick Mayer can fix that); and I had an absolute blast on it the entire time. It’s averaging just a tick under 40 mpg, with the exception of the really “spirited” portion of the ride, where the mileage dropped off to about 36.

Here are some pics from today, I hope you enjoy them!

http://dtaylor95119.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/RT-Break-in-Loop100210/14019007_pxhCi#1031414458_QAvyC

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sounds awesome Dave ... good for you. :)

Too bad Tony didn't get the 2010. Looks cooler, and Kawa fixed the heat issues (as well as a few other goodies). I'm sure he saved a boatload though. (Tell him mine's faster! :D )

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
David,
Why the water in the Kawa top case?

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PMitchell said:
David,
Why the water in the Kawa top case?
He had a bottle of water in there that cracked open.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
messenger13_ver2 said:
Sounds awesome Dave ... good for you. :)

Too bad Tony didn't get the 2010. Looks cooler, and Kawa fixed the heat issues (as well as a few other goodies). I'm sure he saved a boatload though. (Tell him mine's faster! :D )
He did get an awesome deal on it, even came with a Magellan GPS. Come on out for a visit and he can tell you all about it. Then you guys can race and see which really is faster. :D

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Great pic's David. Thank you! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts