BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was at the Motorcycle Show in Cleveland a couple a weekends ago, and the nice guy from Cooper/Avon reminds me that Avon is giving a rebate of $25 per tire on qualifying tires purchased through 3/1/2013. Buy the tires, go to the website: www.AvonMoto.com/IMSOffer and enter code IMS2013 for your rebate. Oh, and the Storm 2 Ultra, for our bike IS included in this. Chop! Chop!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Of course, All my bikes have new tires on them...

John

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'I' as in International.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks, just printed by rebate form and have ordered two tires from American Moto

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
so, when it de-laminates at 3,000 miles, can you use the rebate code for the replacement?

(ducking)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, but one can use the $50 towards the towing bill......

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have got 41,000 miles using avon storm 2 ultras and have had no problems of yet. Will keep my fingers crossed. But all tires no matter the manufacturer can have isolated issues. Good luck with whatever brand you use Petevandyke.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm in for a set. Why worry about what might happen, so long as they're put to their intended use?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
theoldone said:
Have got 41,000 miles using avon storm 2 ultras and have had no problems of yet. Will keep my fingers crossed. But all tires no matter the manufacturer can have isolated issues. Good luck with whatever brand you use Petevandyke.

Was just fanning the flames, my friend...certainly not insulting anyone for something as silly as their tire choices.

I've never tried the Avons, but I have three very good friends on this forum who have, and all three had delamination, which was disappointing to me as I'd love something with more stick than the Metzeler.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
gunny said:
Avon tires I tried were a disappointment for handling, quality of ride and service life.
After I changed Gunny's rear Avon tire & noticed how flimsy, soft & flexible the side wall was I will never have a Avon rear tire on my LT. When his Avon tire picked up something from the road to cause it to go flat he had to be towed home.

At least with the Metz. ME880 & the Bridgestone BT-020 Bias tire's the handling is still good enough to keep riding with no air in them because of the STIFF SIDEWALL.

I rode for a couple of days with a flat (NO AIR ) BT-020 & didn't even know it was flat. I thought something was wrong with the suspension or the final drive & never suspected it was a flat rear tire. I would have never thought that the LT would handle anywhere near as good with a flat rear tire as it did.

Safety is much more important to me than handling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts