BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Avon tyre North America yesterday and was informed that the Storm II Ultra will have a factory rebate availble next month starting on May 1 through June if you buy 2 tires. $20 each. Chapparal Motorsports and Dennis Kirk seem to have the best pricing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
I used Avons on my Vulcan 2000 and loved them. I've never tried them on the LT. They seem to be very sticky and lasted as long as any tire could under the torque of the Vulcan........ :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
Had the storms on my '05 LT. Front one had a defect and was swapped out by Dennis Kirk. Had another front defect. Third time a charm.

Felt great, but very low wear mileage. The price of stickiness.

Went to BT020s next. Going back to the Metz next time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
rattler50 said:
I used Avons on my Vulcan 2000 and loved them. I've never tried them on the LT. They seem to be very sticky and lasted as long as any tire could under the torque of the Vulcan........ :D
Just put Avons on....(Sticky, sticky, STICKY).Been a Metz man on all three of my LTs...If they wear out after 5K miles, so be it. I will put Avons back on, money well spent! Cycle Center of Denton sells the rear tire (THE CORRECT ONE) for $155.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
Cochinosucio said:
Just put Avons on....(Sticky, sticky, STICKY).Been a Metz man on all three of my LTs...If they wear out after 5K miles, so be it. I will put Avons back on, money well spent! Cycle Center of Denton sells the rear tire (THE CORRECT ONE) for $155.
Be careful... It's well documented that continued use of Avon's can cause your wallet to deflate when you shell out the bucks for new foot pegs/center-stand/shoes... or what ever else you end up draggin' in the corners.

DAMHIK...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
UncleMark said:
Be careful... It's well documented that continued use of Avon's can cause your wallet to deflate when you shell out the bucks for new foot pegs/center-stand/shoes... or what ever else you end up draggin' in the corners.

DAMHIK...
:rotf: I will start watching ebay!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top