BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thevisorshop and louis linked above are both good shops. The visor shop is the internet arm of Crossans motorcycles in Newry in Northern Ireland. Highly recommended and reputable shop. Louis.de is a German based chain, with the internet presence as you see. When in Germany I visited one of their shops and they are huge, with a lot of technical staff as well. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, and again can recommend them. Subscribe to their newsletter and you will find a lot of sales/specials, including helmet deals. Also at the start/end of summer, they will clear a lot of season specific gear.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I have a LS2 Strobe and it's over 5 years old, so I am due for a replacement. The only issue I have had is that the cheek pads are a little tight. I bought mine off Amazon. If you are a YouTube vlogger, maybe Ruroc will send you a freebee. </sarc>

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have a LS2 Strobe and it's over 5 years old, so I am due for a replacement. The only issue I have had is that the cheek pads are a little tight. I bought mine off Amazon. If you are a YouTube vlogger, maybe Ruroc will send you a freebee. </sarc>
Well, there are pluses and minuses to the LS2 Valiant II. The negative is that it comes in only two shell sizes. The positive is that you can get upsized or downsized replacement cheek pads for about $20. Thus, my large size can become an extra large, and vise-versa. That works well for some, others would prefer the company make three shell sizes, to better fit their customers. It would probably solve any fitment problem you had.

As I've mentioned, I've put mine up for sale, but won't sell it here (or on my other regular forums), because from my posts, some will believe I'm selling a defective helmet. I "unstuck" the bar, and it operates properly, forward, full backwards, or at 12 o'clock, i.e. like new. However, I'm just going to get something with metal gearing on the flip up bar, i.e. something more reliable. I just don't trust it. My wife's keeping hers, because she doesn't drive the bike, the worst that can happen to her is that the flip bar breaks, can't be fixed, and we toss it, or I buy a new set of gears for $10 and fix it. If mine gets stuck at the wrong time, well, I don't ride all that well, but I ride absolutely horrible, while blindfolded. 🙄

I originally said that this was the nicest helmet I'd ever owned, and it is, if this logo was more than a marketing gimmick:

Sports gear Automotive design Motor vehicle Font Classic car

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Well, there are pluses and minuses to the LS2 Valiant II. The negative is that it comes in only two shell sizes. The positive is that you can get upsized or downsized replacement cheek pads for about $20. Thus, my large size can become an extra large, and vise-versa. That works well for some, others would prefer the company make three shell sizes, to better fit their customers. It would probably solve any fitment problem you had.

As I've mentioned, I've put mine up for sale, but won't sell it here (or on my other regular forums), because from my posts, some will believe I'm selling a defective helmet. I "unstuck" the bar, and it operates properly, forward, full backwards, or at 12 o'clock, i.e. like new. However, I'm just going to get something with metal gearing on the flip up bar, i.e. something more reliable. I just don't trust it. My wife's keeping hers, because she doesn't drive the bike, the worst that can happen to her is that the flip bar breaks, can't be fixed, and we toss it, or I buy a new set of gears for $10 and fix it. If mine gets stuck at the wrong time, well, I don't ride all that well, but I ride absolutely horrible, while blindfolded. 🙄

I originally said that this was the nicest helmet I'd ever owned, and it is, if this logo was more than a marketing gimmick:

View attachment 180377
Mine is a 2XL and the cheek pads for that shell size are the same or so I was told by LS2, so I am SOL. I like modulars, but they are noisier and heavier in general. I am considering a FF for my next helmet.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts