BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put illium risers on the '15 and '21 and I love the improved riding position, but... Now when I look into the mirrors I see my knuckles instead of traffic. I dont care for stalk/stem mirrors, has anyone tried anything like this?
Amazon.com: YnGia Blind Spot Mirrors, [Fits Car Mirror Frame Thickness Less than 5MM ONLY], Adjustable Car Auxiliary Wide Angle Side Rearview Mirror for Cars SUV, 1 Piece (Black-Left) … : Automotive
I know they look cheesy, but I'd prefer to attach the supp mirrors to the mirror body vs the handle bars; bar stems or bar ends...

·
Premium Member
2020 R1250RT Alpine White
174 Posts
I just put illium risers on the '15 and '21 and I love the improved riding position, but... Now when I look into the mirrors I see my knuckles instead of traffic. I dont care for stalk/stem mirrors, has anyone tried anything like this?
Amazon.com: YnGia Blind Spot Mirrors, [Fits Car Mirror Frame Thickness Less than 5MM ONLY], Adjustable Car Auxiliary Wide Angle Side Rearview Mirror for Cars SUV, 1 Piece (Black-Left) … : Automotive
I know they look cheesy, but I'd prefer to attach the supp mirrors to the mirror body vs the handle bars; bar stems or bar ends...
I use Ilium Bar-Backs also, and use these small wide-angle mirrors. I've had them on for ~12K miles and they work perfectly for me. Eliminates blind spots for me and the only thing that I miss seeing are my own knuckles. ;)

Ride safe -
Larry

Amazon: Blind spot mirrors

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Car Steering part

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
299 Posts
I did the same thing as he ^^ did. They work fine

Reactions: wayneosdias

·
Registered
358 Posts
I tried a similar mirror on my camhead but found that because of the angle of the mirror body (pointing slightly inwards) they only showed what the standard mirror showed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts