BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched but cant find what the rca power outlets are rated for. i got a heated visor for helmet test input jack showed 14v inserted heated visor jack and nothing. hooked directly to battery works fine. the dealership told me they cant handle to much heated gear or they will cut out which seams to be what is happening because when i unplug the visor its back to full voltage. they said i would have to hook heated gear to battery in most cases.

so how many watts/amps are these factory jacks rated for? y would they make these so low i mean wonder if i had suit gloves socks ect i have to wire them directly. anyway i picked up a inline fuse to wire the visor to battery. i have no idea what the visor draws. so i will put a 10 amp fuse in it and see what happens.

thanks

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
What power outlet did you plug into? One is always hot and the other only when the bike is running. Also check the fuses. With only one heated item plugged in your LT should handle it without any issues. When I had my LT I did wire the pigtail directly to the battery through a heat troller (?) device to regulate the heat. My wife would plug her gear into the outlet next to her without any issues.
As for your question as to how much the outlets handle, it was answered a couple of times before. You will need to do a search or someone else may know the answer.
Here are some search results for you to go through:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5268761
Also, the power circuits are controlled by 15 AMP fuses (I read that somewhere).

Reactions: 99+bmw

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plugged into the lower one and passenger. i checked them both they had voltage. then when i plugged the device in no power. tried it with key off and key on maybe this visor just draws to much but the wires from it look to be no thicker then 18 gauge

thank for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts