BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting my TPX radar detector on my LT. I am going to mount it on a shelf alongside my 2610. I don't have the Garmin going into the comm system and really don't need it to. I guess I should tell you that I have the BC-3 (or so I think.) it has an aux input for iPod, etc., on the front panel along with the FRS/CB input and phone jack. I'd like to hard wire the TPX and Garmin into the bike and also put the TPX into an input on the back of the radio. I've read the HOW but not sure if the TPX would connect the same way.

Any help would be appreciated, and if someone has documented with pictures those would be GREAT!!! I'm not really much of an electrician, but I'd like to get this done while I've got the big girl stripped down naked to put new SS brake lines on her.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
You sir are going in the same direction as I am...Hop on! The garmin (I have a 2720) will connect to the gps lead under the sting ray, look for a 3 wire connection point right adjacent to all the other connections. See this for further info... As for the TPX. Haven't purchased yet, but will have next month should connect to the AAWD connection point under the left handle bar cover.

pushin9s said:
I am planning on putting my TPX radar detector on my LT. I am going to mount it on a shelf alongside my 2610. I don't have the Garmin going into the comm system and really don't need it to. I guess I should tell you that I have the BC-3 (or so I think.) it has an aux input for iPod, etc., on the front panel along with the FRS/CB input and phone jack. I'd like to hard wire the TPX and Garmin into the bike and also put the TPX into an input on the back of the radio. I've read the HOW but not sure if the TPX would connect the same way

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts