BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are travelling on the 00 LT with all the audio goodies. I don't recall now the system installed, but it was made by J&M and has the control panel under the oddments box with (from left to right) an aux plug, the pushbutton for ext/headset, intercom volume, cb/frs plug, intercom vox sensitivity, and cb/frs switch.

I do recall at one time seeing instructions for the system (which I can't find now for love or money) and the far left plug was, I thought, aux input. If it is, can anyone tell me how to get the iPod to play through the audio system? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
not having a cassette tape, and wanting to check the functionality of my tapedeck, I put one of the audio adapters thats shaped like a cassette and has a 3.5mm(?) plug to insert into an mp3 player.. it worked.. that's one option, but not the one I would favor over a non-mechanical device..... I also think I've got the same setup on mine, so, this is also a tag :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the newer Voice II system on my 06. On it, to use the AUX input, you push the control button on top of the stringray marked CD repeatedly to get to the word AUX, then the handlebar volume controls can be used.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try later if it EVER stops raining.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
What you need is a short cable with a 1/8th inch stereo plug on each end. Radio Shack or Wal mart handle them( normally they are longer than you need but you can roll them up). Plug one end into the headset jack on the Ipod and the other into the aux input on the Comm System. There are only 2 jacks on the system and only one of those is 1/8th inch. ( the other is 5/32 and is for your cell phone)

Once done, turn your Ipod on and the radio on. Scroll through the radio functions until "AUX" appears . You should now hear your ipod.

HTH,

Ron

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kellenbenz said:
What you need is a short cable with a 1/8th inch stereo plug on each end. Radio Shack or Wal mart handle them( normally they are longer than you need but you can roll them up). Plug one end into the headset jack on the Ipod and the other into the aux input on the Comm System. There are only 2 jacks on the system and only one of those is 1/8th inch. ( the other is 5/32 and is for your cell phone)

Once done, turn your Ipod on and the radio on. Scroll through the radio functions until "AUX" appears . You should now hear your ipod.

HTH,

Ron

Thanks Ron, I'll try that too. I'll be out on the bike tomorrow and will give it a go. My wife swears that we've listened to the iPod before on the bike, and I think she's right (at least publicly) but I'll be danged if I can remember how I did it. But then again, I really can't remember where I left my glasses, car keys and 2 out of 3 of my kid's names either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you have the BMW comm system (likely from your explanation) it is important to note you cannot play the AUX source though the fairing speakers. AUX works only through the helmet headsets when the switch is in the HS setting (pushed in).

·
Registered
66 Posts
can anyone assist with the ID of this intercom?

or at least what each jack is for?

I've got multipin outlets for intercom for each position.

thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts