BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Been a longtime lurker and only recently picked up my '09 K12LT (Been a whole 3 weeks).
Decided that before I start to tear off tupperware, thought Id pose this question to the group...

Anyone seen connections like these? Any idea where these connections might be coming from or capable of? There are three. All appear to have a 3.5mm female jack connection and are labeled; Aux Out, Laser, Visual

Looking at other LTs, I have yet to see them. I asked the guys in the service dept, at the dealership, but they weren't sure either...

Anybody have any suggestions? Think it might be able to relocate the Ipod or connect Sirius? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
How about something to do with audio! Why not ask the guy who owned the bike?

Looks like maybe output from a radar detector. Audio and visual.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
They are not stock items so the PO must have added them. Does the bike have an aftermarket intercomm?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Apparently for a laser/radar detector with visual/audio and laser alerts. See it on an LED display on the dash or in helmet and hear it in your headset. The unit itself would be hidden away so others would not know you had it. You know out of site out of mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call Guys!

Turns out it IS the TPX radar detector.
I pulled up the OM for the unit online.
There is an LED display attached (which explains the Visual connection).
The other two are for an option Laser detector and of course an Audio Output.

Will be pulling this one and replacing it with my V1 (after upgrading).

Thanks for your input guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts