BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to wire in my Autoswitch yesterday. Pulled it off my 2003 that someone else had installed before I bought it...what a MESS! Had to find a better way. After studying the Clymers wiring diagram, I thought I would tap in near the flacher module instead of running up to the cancel button on the right bar. Already had the tank pulled so I looked in the wiring/relay box - knew I found my mounting location.

On my 2003 and 2005, the flasher cancel wire is a brown wire with a white stripe. Found it easily in the relay box. Stripped a little back and tested just to make sure. Put some double sided tape on the Autoswitch and fixed it to the left inside of the box. Ran power from the battery (fused) up the wiring bundle and put some friction tape around the whole bundle. Couldn't get any friction tape where the wires run under the box, but they are protected there. All other wiring is done inside the box. I did tap switched power from the green wire inside the box. Plenty of room for the light relay as well.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Interesting location. I actually have two autoswitches wired up into the cancel switch. Tap-and-hold for aux lighting and double-tap for garage door.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting location. I actually have two autoswitches wired up into the cancel switch. Tap-and-hold for aux lighting and double-tap for garage door.
Triple duty for the cancel switch. Nice work!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still struggling to understand the preferred TSC wire. Company says blue/white, (there isn't one. Blue/yellow but that doesn't do it) others here mention a brown/white wire...nope.
Wondering if anyone has done this successfully on an 00' LT?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
I checked my factory diagrams and it is a Brown/White wire (on all years) that is grounded when you push the cancel button. The Blue/Yellow is the turn right button.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Interesting.. Is this device just a switch operated from the 'bike controls? What about the garage door opener, how does that operate?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for that link. Looks like a useful product and not very expensive. Probably a good idea to develop that in my Ibus interface going forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts