BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question regarding the autoswitch.... If you use it for your aux lighting and turn the bike off with the lights on when you start the bike the next time will the lilghts be on or off???
Santa gave me a pair of Piaa's for Christmas and I'm going to do the install in the next couple of weeks and may hook up an autoswitch and this will determine where I tap for power.....
thanks...

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
ratorino2004 said:
I have a quick question regarding the autoswitch.... If you use it for your aux lighting and turn the bike off with the lights on when you start the bike the next time will the lilghts be on or off???
Santa gave me a pair of Piaa's for Christmas and I'm going to do the install in the next couple of weeks and may hook up an autoswitch and this will determine where I tap for power.....
thanks...
I would suggest that if you do use an AutoSwitch for any AUX lighting that has the potential of blinding on coming traffic that you slave the AutoSwitch off the High Beam or the high beam circuit. The AutoSwitch is easy to use but it definitely takes thought to turn off the AUX lights quickly.

I have two AutoSwitches that I use and all extra AUX lights turn off with the high beam switch... I would estimate about two to three times faster extinguishing the 'highs' depending on which AutoSwitch you buy using only an AutoSwitch as compared to using the high beam switch.

Unless you don't have a left thumb... :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Although my comments are associated with the motolights I installed I think they may be relevent. I specifially did not use the autoswitch because I run the lights 100% of the time, day and night, and did not want to have to remember to turn them on. I put the supplied switch in my glove box so if under some odd situation I needed to turn them off I can. Never have so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts