BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, somehow I was elevated to "senior member" so I guess that carries with it some level of responsibility to go with the sexy title (I've learned that chicks dig three things: scars, tattoos, and a business card that includes "Senior Member, BMWLT.COM").

IF there is enough interest, I'm gonna' have a special jacket pin made and sell them at cost to anyone on the forum, related to forum members, friends of forum members, people forum members want to MAKE FUN OF, etc. to commemorate the event that has been coined on the threads as "auto-parking."

Requirements for membership and a pin will be: 1. actually PAYING for the thing and 2. confessing your sin

But, since I cannot draw a stick figure without a template and three hours with photoshop, my role is just as an idea man for this one.

Follow my post on this thread with ideas for what this thing should look like. Got a way with graphics? Post your proposed pin design. Maybe it's an upside down LT with feet sticking out from underneath. Maybe it's an understated "D.A." with the double-meaning of "droppers anonymous" and "dumb ass." Maybe it's an official BMW service shop repair bill, who knows?

I'll collect everything for a month or so, find out how much the pins would cost (and where the price break would come in), then figure out a way to put the designs up for a "vote" and make it happen.

Or tell me it's a stupid idea and to get more sleep.

Pete

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Why not just get it as a tattoo and then just wait for the chicks to come running? :D

Or how about a tattoo of Tattoo?

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
sigh....I'll take one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pete-
I thought this is such a great idea. I immediately took to the drawing board (actually, Visio) and came up with this doodle. I think it conveys the message pretty well.

If this idea takes off, I can give him a real body and fill the LT in with color. I'm just throwing this out there before I spend too much time on a design that won't catch on. Rate the idea - not this as a final product. I'm using my own experience where I stood there puzzled and confused about what to do next... also thinking I, myself, was the "dumb ass."
Thanks Guys

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
petevandyke said:
OK, somehow I was elevated to "senior member" so I guess that carries with it some level of responsibility to go with the sexy title (I've learned that chicks dig three things: scars, tattoos, and a business card that includes "Senior Member, BMWLT.COM").

IF there is enough interest, I'm gonna' have a special jacket pin made and sell them at cost to anyone on the forum, related to forum members, friends of forum members, people forum members want to MAKE FUN OF, etc. to commemorate the event that has been coined on the threads as "auto-parking."

Requirements for membership and a pin will be: 1. actually PAYING for the thing and 2. confessing your sin

But, since I cannot draw a stick figure without a template and three hours with photoshop, my role is just as an idea man for this one.

Follow my post on this thread with ideas for what this thing should look like. Got a way with graphics? Post your proposed pin design. Maybe it's an upside down LT with feet sticking out from underneath. Maybe it's an understated "D.A." with the double-meaning of "droppers anonymous" and "dumb ass." Maybe it's an official BMW service shop repair bill, who knows?

I'll collect everything for a month or so, find out how much the pins would cost (and where the price break would come in), then figure out a way to put the designs up for a "vote" and make it happen.

Or tell me it's a stupid idea and to get more sleep.

Pete
You'll NEED more sleep before your finished! Everyone who has had an LT for at least 6 weeks has dropped it! :histerica

·
Registered
860 Posts
bmwrubbercow said:
You'll NEED more sleep before your finished! Everyone who has had an LT for at least 6 weeks has dropped it! :histerica
Haven't dropped it yet... but I know my day is coming... Can you get one of these as a suplus item and then wear it proudly once the D.A. thought crosses your mind? :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
will think about it....Huuummmmm OK I need another pin for my ROBO cap...hehehe
Only my friends have dropped my LT....
what about those of us who are members of ZMDC...(Zero Motorcycle Down Club)
will work on something next week when bored at the office...

just wait until you become a "Moderator" going to need a big stick!! LOL
to keep the women you mentioned in line

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Tried this a while back, but no takers. I wouldn't need one yet, but I fully expect to in the not to distant future.

My design (I stole the bike image) is based on the BMF year bars, every year of membership you get a new bar to add. I though folks could add a bar every time they dropped their LT.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
CCR Pin

I guess there already is one, but the same design idea could be used and you just add a location year bar for each CCR you attend.

Just an idea while we are talking badges.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Count me in

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bars=Drops!!!

I'd be bent over from the number of bars on mine.

In the military we got a ribbon (and a medal) for the first award then a star for each subsequent award.

Just a thought. Some of the less coordinated among us we clank so much when we walked we'd sound like wind chimes in a typhoon.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Let's all be careful with these, or we'll start to look like some of our friends in the Goldwing and HD crowd with the metal-encrusted leather vests. Souvenirs of all the rallies, etc.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Additiona Pin Thoughts

I like the idea and I'll take a couple. :rolleyes: Being retired US Air Force, maybe you could consider a special cluster or star for someone who dropped the machine twice in one day :D and maybe a really special device, like a wreath around the star or a gold cluster for someone who got his SO trapped underneath on one of those drops. :histerica Yes, she did get back on on the blue lady after I got her back up on two wheels.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am in for a pin as well. Still sounds like a good idea to put on my jacket. In case anyone is getting really serious about it, I've been updating my little project and thought I would post a better version! I couldn't look at this pic an not laugh.
-Ryan

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
johnw said:
Some of the less coordinated among us we clank so much when we walked we'd sound like wind chimes in a typhoon.
But that's how the rest of us would know not to park next to y'all. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
petevandyke said:
(I've learned that chicks dig three things: scars, tattoos, and a business card that includes "Senior Member, BMWLT.COM").

Pete
Well, with two of the three covered (need that business card), I guess the great mystery of what Telle (my beautiful wife) sees in me has been solved!

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
johnw said:
...In the military we got a ribbon (and a medal) for the first award then a star for each subsequent award...
As I mentioned in the other thread on this topic (before this thread was created), there could be stars, oak leaf clusters, or other devices for multiple drops and unique circumstances... like dropping the bike while it's on the stand AND no one is on it. :eek:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts