BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't know guys but to go thru all these hassles to save the maybe 15 seconds to put your GPS in your pocket or top box seems crazy. I have no problems spending stupid money on cycle accessories but really the GPS pops right out in seconds? Is this thing really worth it. My XM works perfectly. When I park if I'm alone I just pop out the gps and put it in my pocket or top box. If I'm with other riders we just watch each others bikes

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know guys but to go thru all these hassles to save the maybe 15 seconds to put your GPS in your pocket or top box seems crazy. I have no problems spending stupid money on cycle accessories but really the GPS pops right out in seconds? Is this thing really worth it. My XM works perfectly. When I park if I'm alone I just pop out the gps and put it in my pocket or top box. If I'm with other riders we just watch each others bikes
I agree with much of what you said. Is it worth it to mess up your radio and gps antenna for central locking to include your nav 6? Is it worth the price? Answer: no and no.

However... I have seen where a couple people have installed a cabinet lock, where you have to raise your wind screen to unlock with a physical key. I have been tempted to do this instead.

Usually, I just leave my Nav 6 in place... Hardly anyone around here knows what an RT is, or that the screen is removable, let alone how to remove it. It depends on where I am going. I do remove it about when there is reason for concern. Honestly, I worry more about my tank bag than the nav.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I just made the release button removable, keep it in cubby, put it in place only to remove nav then back in cubby. The problem is no matter what you do someone can just use something like a screwdriver to just pry it off the holder likely breaking the plastic tabs.

·
Cat Herder
1,516 Posts

This thread makes it sound much worse than it really is. The reception on the Sirius was crap to start with so I was already thinking about fixing the antenna. The GPS lock is wonderful. I was tired of removing the GPS and locking in the side bags or taking it with me. I usually don't have the bags on the bike. I spend about 45 minutes putting the lock and new antenna together. It is very easy. The GPS lock is a plug and play setup. The antenna upgrade is absolutely a must do. It also depends on where you live. There is a lot of signal issues in the Las Vegas area.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Automatic SatNav Lock to central locking

Hi all,

I hope this may be of some interest to people, we have carried out a number of these farkles on various RT's.

Obviously the prices would have changed and I would confirm the part numbers as well.

I have done this on my 2009 and 2015 models now, without any issues and many others for friends.

I certainly would not leave it attached overnight within city limits however, whilst gassing up its not an issue ( so far - fingers crossed :grin: )

Rossy

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am waiting for mine to arrive, it was ordered six weeks ago and is stuck somewhere in the postal system. Matjaz has followed up on his end. Tracking shows it has not entered the U.S. postal system. My local post office says it is probably in a quarantine hold somewhere. I am not too concerned at this point since it is too cold to work on the bike. My current outdoor power sport is snowblowing.

I'll follow up with this thread when it arrives.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, mine took 4 weeks to arrive here in Atlanta. Seemed strange to me to take that long, but...

Works great and easy install. Does seem a bit louder than any of the factory locks though. Watch a couple of the install videos and you're set.

Did notice the plastic strips that cover the windshield screws are upside down in the photo in the instructions so be mindful of that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am waiting for mine to arrive, it was ordered six weeks ago and is stuck somewhere in the postal system. Matjaz has followed up on his end. Tracking shows it has not entered the U.S. postal system. My local post office says it is probably in a quarantine hold somewhere. I am not too concerned at this point since it is too cold to work on the bike. My current outdoor power sport is snowblowing.

Mine actually arrived quicker than an order from Sydney that's only 500miles away in our own country.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did notice the plastic strips that cover the windshield screws are upside down in the instructions so be mindful of that.

When you read that removal step in Australia it's the right way up.. :unsure:
If they were to update the instruction sheet, I'd recommend correcting that particular picture and maybe add a better insert picture in step 3.
Only very minor things and overall it was a very simple installation.

·
Registered
2019 R1250rt
97 Posts
Just installed the Oldtimers Nav lock. Matjaz was great to deal with and payment was simple.
The kit arrived in Australia in just under 3 weeks. Easy installation and it provides me with the locking function I was after..
Hi
Ive left a number of messages on their website and no response. Do you have a direct contact? (I'm in Sydney )

·
Registered
'18 R1200RT, '18 Abarth 124 Spider, '87 VFR 400R & an everyday sedan.
149 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
^ Yep, that's the one he responded to for me as well. Generally responded within a day or less.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi
Ive left a number of messages on their website and no response. Do you have a direct contact? (I'm in Sydney )
I actually covered both bases emailing [email protected] & [email protected] Matjaz will get back to you.. We don't know the current COVID situation there, so I was not worried about an immediate response when I sent the email requesting details to place the order. Once we made contact and the wife did her PayPal voodoo, I had a tracking number in a few days.
Hopefully Victoria comes out of its 3rd COVID lockdown tonight.

·
Registered
49 Posts

My Navigation Lock arrived today, it shipped December 23. The package looked like it had a rough trip through the postal system with a large rip in the side of the package but everything was inside. Tracking showed it entered the Slovenien post Dec 23 and entered the US postal system February 16 in New York.

·
Registered
2019 R1250rt
97 Posts
I actually covered both bases emailing [email protected] & [email protected] Matjaz will get back to you.. We don't know the current COVID situation there, so I was not worried about an immediate response when I sent the email requesting details to place the order. Once we made contact and the wife did her PayPal voodoo, I had a tracking number in a few days.
Hopefully Victoria comes out of its 3rd COVID lockdown tonight.
Thanks. I suspected that may be the issue over there. Good you're out of lockdown again.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts